PDA

View Full Version : How long getting from Hollywood Studios to Downtown Disney?

WiltonJohn
10-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Continuing with the planning. Next in my series of "how long from/to" questions.

Hoping to go from Hollywood Studios closing at 7:30 PM to Cirque du Soleil starting at 9PM in the Downtown Disney area.

How much time should I allow for transportation to do this.... and what is the best way to get between the two?

Thanks in advance.

best,

.............john

PS: I looked/searched on this site for a chart showing this kind of stuff.... no joy. Am I missing something?

disneydeb
10-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I think the quickest way is to go by taxi... but I may be wrong.

Strmchsr
10-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Quickest would definitely be taxi, but I would recommend if you don't want to do that, walk or take the boat to the Swan/Dolphin and catch the bus to DTD from there. It will probably take you close to an hour travel. It'll be cutting it very close for your 9 pm show if you don't leave until 7:30 since everyone else will be leaving at closing, too.

mook3y
10-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Personally, I would not take a chance on arriving to Cirque late. I would take a Taxi to eliminate any stress of running late.

WiltonJohn
10-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the thoughts.... I was afraid of that. It seems like to get anywhere from anywhere in the resorts takes about an hour.

best,

.................john

Goofy4TheWorld
10-05-2013, 10:16 PM
How exactly to you catch a cab at HS? Where do you go after walking out the gates?

SBETigg
10-05-2013, 10:46 PM
They have some available cabs and there should be signs to show where to wait. Barring that, if it somehow doesn't work out, I find that it's easiest to catch one at the closest resort, which would be Swan/Dolphin from the boat. They will get you a cab at Bell Services/Front Desk but you could also wait for a Downtown Disney bus at any resort. But again, it's a good rule of thumb to plan on an hour to anywhere.

gerald72
10-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the thoughts.... I was afraid of that. It seems like to get anywhere from anywhere in the resorts takes about an hour.

best,

.................john

Yes, one hour for travel is a good rule of thumb

WiltonJohn
10-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks everyone.

Does anyopne have an idea of the likely taxi fare between Holywood Studios and Downtown Disney?

We've used a taxi there before...... from Pop century to Animal Kingdom for an early backstage animal tour thing..... but it was so long ago ("senior brain") that I don't remember how expensive they tend to be there.

best,

...............john

15 days.... but who is counting?

Checkers
10-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Another vote for a taxi. I would count on at least $15-20 w/tip. If you are going to be staying until the park closes, you will be fighting that crowd as well. Once you get down there I would investigate what would be the best way/place to grab one. Perhaps there is a # you could call for one to meet you at a specific place.

mook3y
10-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Another vote for a taxi. I would count on at least $15-20 w/tip. If you are going to be staying until the park closes, you will be fighting that crowd as well. Once you get down there I would investigate what would be the best way/place to grab one. Perhaps there is a # you could call for one to meet you at a specific place.

This is an accurate price range.