PDA

View Full Version : Only Part of Group has Magic Bands

DakotaDisney
10-05-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm going with a couple friends in November. Is it going to be complicated if 2 people in our party has Magic Bands and I don't have one?

The other 2 are going to do the dinning plan and I may not. Will that be an issue with the magic bands? Can all 3 of us still do magic bands if we are not the same?
Will it affect our use of them or make planning hard or not compatible if I don't have the dinning plan?
Thanks for you help!

VWL Mom
10-05-2013, 07:42 PM
If you're in separate rooms you would just link you're friends to your MDE account (and them you) and be able to make the FP+ selections for the group.

If yo are all in one room you must all have the same plans as far as eating. So you either all get the DPP or no one does.

DakotaDisney
10-05-2013, 07:52 PM
If yo are all in one room you must all have the same plans as far as eating. So you either all get the DPP or no one does.

Thanks for your input.

We are all in one room. So, I imagine that if 2 people have the magic bands to use for Fast Pass+ and I don't, then I would be left out or it would be challenging to use for the 3 of us.
Would the magic bands be almost pointless if we don't all have them? What do you all think?

VWL Mom
10-06-2013, 07:42 AM
I'm a bit confused why you think would have them and you would not. If you are all in one room then either all of you will have the bands or no one will depending on if your resort is involved in testing. When sharing a room, everyone is set up identically.

If they were booked prior and got their bands and then you were added to the reservation later you can go on to MDE and the FP+ option and Magic Band option should be available to you. If one person in the group is handling everything they could go on their account (the one with the reservation) and link you there.

If you haven't set up an account yet, go to the WDW site. On the right you will see the My Disney Experience option. The drop down menu will have options for FP+ and magic bands.

If all else fails, give Disney a call and let them straighten it out for you.

DakotaDisney
10-06-2013, 02:47 PM
There are 3 of us in our group. We are sharing a room. 2 people in the group may use the dinning plan and I wasn't planning to. According to what you said, all 3 of us have to do the same thing to get magic bands. So, if 2 of them get the dinning plan and I don't, then I can't get the magic band, because they got the dinning plan. That would mean 2 people would have magic bands and I wouldn't. Right?

VWL Mom
10-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Okay I see why I may have confused you.

First, if there are 3 in the room and 2 people take the dining plan, then you must too. All people sharing one room must have the exact same thing.

As far as the Magic Bands, that is based on your room reservation and park tickets. You do not have to use the dining plan in order to get a Magic Band.

So if your resort is testing or if Disney has gone resort wide all of you would get Magic Bands.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Exactly! If the two other people in your room have a magic band, then you'll have a magic band too. Is there a reason you think you won't be getting one?

It is also important to note that everyone in the room has to be on the same package. So, if the two people you're staying with want the DDP, then you will have to get the DDP as well. This won't impact whether or not everyone gets a Magic Band, but it is important to note.

NJGIRL
10-07-2013, 08:01 AM
I guess the simplest way to put it is that everyone in your room will/must have the same exact plan.

If one has dining all must have dining.
If one has the Magic Bands all will get the Magic Bands.

I agree with Lynn.....if anyone in your room is missing their Magic Bands you need to call Disney to get it square away.

Not sure how the reservation was made allowing only two to get the dining plan but I would take care of this now, so that you aren't spending more time checking in that you need to.

thads
10-07-2013, 12:55 PM
We had the exact same problem. Call the Disney booking number from the website. When you get to the voice response program, say magic band. That will get you straight through to the IT department for the pilot. It took me about 4 individual calls to fix a variety of issues, but they explained to me from the beginning that it would take several steps. They also sent me summary emails when the steps were completed. Despite being a big time waster for me, they did a really good job and got it all fixed. This is why it is a pilot and not a roll out. Good luck.