PDA

View Full Version : Annual Food and Wine trip- pre-trip report

Hammer
10-05-2013, 10:42 AM
It's time for me to make my annual trip to enjoy the Food and Wine Festival. I fly into Tampa later today, staying at my Mom's this evening, then all three of us will go over to WDW tomorrow. We are DVC and will be staying in a 2BR villa in Kidani Village until Friday.

The Cast-
Christine- yours truly. Software Engineer for Comcast by day, Intercot moderator by night.

Cheryl- my sister. Lives in North Jersey, works in Manhattan planning large events (national sales meetings, incentive trips, etc.) for large corporations. Enjoys Walt Disney World and is a member here (though she does not post often).

Mom- title is self-explanatory. She and Dad retired in 2004, moving back to Florida (where I lived until I was a teenager). Dad passed away in July 2010, so now its just Mom living in a condo in Tampa. She lives closer to our family now, as she does not drive. Mom is uses a wheelchair to get around, so we always book a wheelchair accessible room. Mom enjoys the parks, but probably won't join Cheryl and I for Evening EMHs.

We are part of the Fast Pass+ testing, though we only scheduled fast passes for a couple of our days. The new Guest Assistance program goes into effect while we are there, but as Mom is in a wheelchair for only mobility issues, we use the regular lines to wait.

SBETigg
10-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Can't wait to hear about your trip, and your thoughts on this year's F & W! Enjoy!

faline
10-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Have a good trip!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Have a great trip

Jeri
10-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Hope you have a great trip.:mickey:

Disney4us2
10-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Have fun. We went today, wow what a crowd around World Showcase.

RedSoxFan
10-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Have a great time :mickey: