PDA

View Full Version : 3D Disney Dessert Experience

Strmchsr
10-05-2013, 08:52 AM
I thought I would report in on a new experience we had last night - the 3D Disney Dessert Experience. It was held in the Millineal Pavilion between UK and Canada and is just on weekends for the F&WF.

I thought it was a little pricey at first, but Renae REALLY wanted to try it, so we did. After the face, I'll say it was worth every penny. The ambiance was incredible. You walk in with all of these glowing lights and dessert tables everywhere. Disney did not skimp on anything. The desserts were incredible from flambe doughnuts to specialized popcorn to gourmet cupcakes and every kind of high end dessert you could imagine. They also had samples at various tables of some of the best alcohol from around the world - ice wine, whiskey, margaritas, vodka, mixed drinks, etc. The selection was dazzling, they had a great house band playing (singing all songs revolving around candy and sweetness - so a lot of 60s music, but some modern stuff too). Honestly, I was expecting something similar to the Wishes Tomorrowland Terrace party, but this blows that away. Desserts, drinks, and atmosphere were all WAY better.

But, to top it all off, 30 min before Illuminations began we were led to a special viewing site and given unique Disney 3D glasses. Honestly, y'all, these were the coolest things ever. Looking through these glasses made a "hidden mickey" (the 3 circles) appear with every light. The colors of the hidden mickey varied with the light. So there were all these little mickeys floating above the Illuminations torches and others with the lights all around the lagoon. Once Illuminations started these glasses made the experience undescribably amazing. Every blast of fireworks had mickeys floating and flying every direction. It was like seeing Illuminations again for the first time and my words are not giving a good description of the experience.

So, overall, an amazing evening and something well worth doing if you get the chance!

AgentC
10-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks for reporting Chris! We are doing that next Friday and I am very excited to try it. Did you do the regular tickets or the reserved seating? We only did the regular because I wasn't sure the extra price was worth it for a reserved table.

faline
10-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Wow! Sounds like a wonderful experience! Makes we wish we were going to be there to try it!!

SBETigg
10-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Sounds like a really great experience! Thanks for reporting.

VWL Mom
10-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Sounds great, thanks for reporting. Do you know if this is this only available during F&WF or is it open for F&G also?

Strmchsr
10-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Did you do the regular tickets or the reserved seating? We only did the regular because I wasn't sure the extra price was worth it for a reserved table.

We did the regular tickets. The extra price for the special seats wasn't worth it at all. Basically all it was is you got a little bigger table and were in a section right in front of the band. I was just fine at my regular size table. It was a fantastic experience. You'll love it, especially the fireworks.

Sounds great, thanks for reporting. Do you know if this is this only available during F&WF or is it open for F&G also?

As far as I know it's F&WF only, but maybe if it's popular enough they'll bring a version of it back for F&G.

vizsla
10-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the report.

amorillo
10-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Wow! Sounds amazing! Wonder if they will do it again next year?? :mickey: