PDA

View Full Version : whadda ya think?

susquehannaretriever
10-04-2013, 07:32 PM
We are going to WDW 05/02-05/17/14 to celebrate DS/DD graduation. We are driving from PA, taking our time and using 3 days down, 2 days back. I have planned the following: first night- trip to downtown disney for dinner.
A total of 6 days in the parks: 2 for EPCOT, 2 for MK, 1 AK, 1 DHS.
1 Day is a free day for shopping, relaxing, exploring other stuff, etc.
1 day at Universal (kids want to see the Harry Potter attraction).
1 day at Kennedy Space Center
1 full day at a beach.

I plan to leave the parks each day for a nap, swim, etc. Go back in the early evening.
1)How does this schedule/plan sound to everyone?
2)Is 6 days in the parks enough time to get in the "major/best attractions?
3)What is everyone's favorite thing to do outside Disney ?
Thanks, Jeff

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-04-2013, 08:20 PM
I think it sounds great.

The only maybe suggestion is to only take 2 days to drive down ... it should be more than enough and you'll be able to spend an extra day at Disney, or even add a day to Universal.

You've "hit" our out of Disney favourites. We love KSC, and are having a beach day on our next trip too.

susquehannaretriever
10-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the opinion! trying to make this a good trip for my family.

1DisneyNut
10-05-2013, 08:38 AM
I agree with ibelieveindisneymagic.

Drive down in 2 days instead of 3 and put the extra day to use.

You are doing exactly what we usually do. We pick a different beach each time for one day. While we are there, we search out a good seafood restaurant. We have been to many beaches on both the Atlantic and Gulf sides.

Kennedy space center is great. Just make sure you get there as early as possible, preferably right at opening because it does take all day to see and do everything.

In 6 days at WDW, we could see every show, attraction and ride and go back and ride our favorites a second or third time. Six days should be plenty of time.

susquehannaretriever
10-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks so much for the input! So looking forward to this vacation.

faline
10-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Sounds like a nice, relaxed trip! I think you can hit the most popular attractions with the schedule you have outlined - you would even have room for other attractions or to hit a favorite more than once.

Dulcee
10-05-2013, 01:55 PM
I think it sounds great. Like others though 2 days is plenty for traveling. We use to come down from NJ in 2. Push the first day and take day 2 easy and you can be in the Orlando area by 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

Also are considering park hopper passes? You may find with 6 days at WDW its worth it. You may want to start a morning at MK, take your planned break then head over to EPCOT for dinner and fireworks. Just a thought!

susquehannaretriever
10-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the input everyone! Am going to review the travel plans.