PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's August trip report - part four

dlpmikki
10-04-2013, 05:39 AM
Day 8 - Monday 26th August

Today is the first day we have to check out and back in again. At least it is achieved relatively simply. After two busy park days, we decide to make this a non-park day, but Mikki sets off to Florida Mall. She is a woman with a mission. We pass quickly through the mall until we reach the Disney store. Once inside we find the Minnie Mouse section and there we find a pink Kittie carriage with a sweet little Figaro plush inside. The one problem I forsee with this purchase is that my humans think that I may fit inside the Kittie carriage. No more purchases were made in the mall but the humans then went to an outlet mall where they found some shoes and a Mickey Mouse plush. Another Disney plush toy but I worry that this may mean a Mickey gets replaced.
Monday evening is the evening of the official Intercot meet, and I had better deal with the bad news first. The humans don't take me!! And I thought I had them well trained after all these years. They come back with pictures and claiming it went well, but my fans must have been disappointed. I'll post the picture of the meet even though I am not in it.

Day 9 - Tuesday 27th August
Today's the special day for my new cousin: the Figaro we rescued from the Disney Store. This will be his chance for pictures with Disney characters. We start with Animal Kingdom.

First stop is the new place to meet Mickey and Minnie. It was nicely air-conditioned, including the waiting area, which is nice for those in line, and I guess for Mickey and Minnie too. Our only quibble was with the lighting. In our picture, everyone's heads look a little washed out, even without flash. When the photopass pictures arrived we see they have the same problem.

Next , it was to Camp Minnie-Mickey (will they change the name now?) to see who has replaced them. I had pictures with Baloo and King Louie. Then we saw Dug and Russell back on Discovery Island. My humans stopped for lunch at Flame Tree BBQ but it was rather big - even the plate of fruit was huge with pieces too big to eat easily. Then it was back to the room for a break before heading into Epcot.

Our first stop was the character spot and we are delighted to find no line. We saw Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. Minnie was pleased to see me but she seemed smaller than I remember. Then we went to France for the Owner's Locker evening. It was a pleasant evening and my humans enjoyed a Croque Monsieur with their wine.

Day 10 - Wednesday 28th August

Today, we went in early to the Studios. We rode Toy Story Mania and got a fast pass for later. Mikki was very impressed with the way the accessible vehicle is slotted into the ride. I was very happy that Andrew cuddled me throughout. Why not, there's no point him looking for targets? It was already a 45 minute wait to see Buzz and Woody so we did not stop. I went and had pictures with Mater and Lightning McQueen and then Phineas and Ferb instead.

In the evening, the humans had dinner at Outback. This has been a regular favourite of theirs for years. They tend to go early in the evening when it is quiet and it is easy for them to relax.

Day 11 - Thursday 29th August
A non-Disney day: we drive to Kennedy Space Center to see the space shuttle orbiter Atlantis and to take a tour during which visitors stand in the flame trench of launch pad 39a. I stayed in the car but the humans reported it was great fun and totally fascinating. They had annual passes they bought when we were here in February and which are very good value. The only surprise was how quiet things were. There was no crowd at all. It was even possible for Mikki to play various simulator games without any wait.

Back at Disney, our first stop is the DVC office at Saratoga Springs where we have booked to see mock-ups of the rooms at the Grand Floridian. We are relieved to be taken over without a wait and not to be subjected to excessive sales talk. We only wonder why a booking was necessary. The decor of the rooms themselves look very pleasant, with nice carpet on the floor (as OKW had when they were selling it). There is an additional fold-down bed under the television in the studio and the living room of the one bedroom apartment. Mikki regrets the consequent loss of storage in the studio.

Returning to OKW, Mikki is dismayed to see we have received a "towel and trash" housekeeping service. Nothing was due until tomorrow and what about that agreement it would be a full service? The humans decide they have to go back to the front desk and ask to see a manager. They speak to Jennifer who agrees to make sure we now get full service on Saturday.

faline
10-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Figaro, I'm sorry you didn't get to attend the meet as you really missed lots of fun there!

Still, from the sounds of it, you have been meeting lots of characters, getting much attention and having a wonderful time!

Clearly, though, the humans are having less fun with mousekeeping!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Sounds like a good trip so far. Thanks for the report

BuddyL4
10-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Sorry to have missed you Figaro, I know we will have a chance again someday. And you can meet my grandson, he has a cat named Shadow. ;)

Disney4us2
10-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Figario... don't feel bad. Jessica had her Mickey the bear guarding our room. It would have been fun for the two of you to meet up.

For the humans.... Thanks to both of you for setting up the meet. :thumbsup: