PDA

View Full Version : Tessa Is Taking On The World- Pre-trip Report

Jeri
10-03-2013, 03:49 PM
A little back story first. Last time we were at Disney I was 5 1/2 months pregnant with Tessa and had just received the ultrasound results that Yes, I was finally having a girl, but it appeared she might have Down syndrome. Needless to say it wasn't as happy of a time for me, difficult pregnancy and my mind was racing with many what if's and unknowns. It was a very dark & sad time for me.:(

Fast forward to now, Tessa is a happy, healthy 2 1/2 yr old little "spitfire" who just happens to be "Rockin her Extra Chromosome". This vacation is much needed, between my husband working 7 days a week, a 16 yr old trying to do it all and getting burned out, a 10 yr old who is a ball of stress 24/7, and me trying to keep everyone's schedules straight, while making sure Tessa has her weekly therapy.
We are so excited to be going back, and just because life keeps moving forward, we are sneaking in a visit to Florida Institute of Technology, My oldest is considering going there and wants to see the campus & surrounding area.

The cast of this trip:

Me: Jeri
DH: Dennis .
DS #1: Travis (16)
DS #2 Kaden (10)
DD Tessa (2 1/2)

Our dates: We leave Minnesota October 11th, driving down.
Disney October 13th-24th
Pop Century, we booked 2 rooms so the kids get their own bed, and 2 bathrooms.

We will leave here on Friday the 11th after the kids get out of school. This is our 3rd time driving and 2nd time doing it with a toddler. The plan is to drive until Saturday 12th and stop to get a room on the Georgia/Florida border. Sunday the 13th we will try to be on the road by 8 am and at Disney by 12- 1 pm. The only plan that day is get settled, run to buy pop, water, milk & diapers. Then make a quick run to Downtown Disney to go to Team Mickey's to activate our Photo pass+ card.

Monday 14th:
Magic Kingdom
8:30 Breakfast in the Castle

Tuesday 15th:
Epcot
Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse

Wednesday 16th:
Hollywood Studios
Dinner at Chef Mickey's

Thursday 17th:
Animal Kingdom
Dinner at Raglan Road

Friday 18th:
Epcot
Dinner at Tepan Edo

Saturday 19th:
Breakfast at Ohana
Drive to Melbourne to check out the college, visit the beach..

Sunday 20th:
????
Dinner at Cape May

Monday 21st:
????
No plans for meals either

Tuesday 22nd:
Magic Kingdom in morning
Breakfast at Crystal Palace

Wednesday 23rd:
Epcot in the afternoon/evening
Dinner at Coral Reef

Thursday 24th:
?????
Will be leaving probably late night to start our drive back home.

Our plans for which park on most days is very flexible and might be decided the night before or day of.
The only things we have to do are see the Princesses, Minnie Mouse, and Playhouse Disney, and get Tessa's hair trimmed.

I am beyond excited to see everything through Tessa's eyes, and enjoy having some time just the 5 of us. It will be a bittersweet trip because it is the last one with all 5 before my oldest goes to college in 2 yrs.

We will be trying out the Magic Bands and Fast pass+ this trip and we are going into it with an open mind and no expectations.

yjgirl32
10-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Have a great trip!!!!

cer
10-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Sounds like a great time!

Happy packing! :mickey:

mydisneygirls
10-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Have a great trip. Can't wait to read about Tessa's first visit!!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Can't wait to hear about your little Princess' first trip:girl::princess:

k10
10-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Happy vacation wishes to you and your family! :mickey:

faline
10-03-2013, 06:39 PM
What a great trip you have planned!! Can't wait to hear how your little princess enjoys Disney World!!