PDA

View Full Version : head phones

Susan A
10-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Within the past few months, someone recommended head phones for children who are hypersensitive to noises. I think it was brought up within another topic and I can't find it.

If you could recommend some, please let me know. Ear plugs can be a little difficult for my kids to use.

Terra
10-03-2013, 11:27 AM
My son wears them as well. In school, at home, and out.
We actually just go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get the light weight construction worker ones. At the end it's like the ear plugs, but on a head phone setting. Works very well!

BrerGnat
10-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Try Peltor headphones. They work very well for under $15. Got my 7 year old a pair of yellow ones from Amazon. He loves them!

They are the 3M Peltor 98 Optime model.

Susan A
10-11-2013, 12:37 PM
The Peltor ear muffs/headphones arrived. They work well! They are soft and completely cover their ears. I think they'll be more willing to try attractions and watch shows now that they have them. :mickey:

Thank you for the recommendations.

BrerGnat
10-11-2013, 12:41 PM
The Peltor ear muffs/headphones arrived. They work well! They are soft and completely cover their ears. I think they'll be more willing to try attractions and watch shows now that they have them. :mickey:

Thank you for the recommendations.

Glad they worked for you. My son put them on and immediately said he wanted to wear them to ride Radiator Springs racers. He's a HUGE Cars fan but he wouldn't ride last year. I never even considered that the noise would make him so fearful. He has become much more "brave" since he's gotten them. It's great.

Terra
10-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Wonderful!!! I may have to get a pair and try them for my son as well instead of the ones we currently use :)