PDA

View Full Version : Big Moderates

FaithTrustPixieDust
10-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Lots of people talk about how Coronado Springs is lovely and fabulous, but very spread out. Is it any bigger than Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans Riverside Mansions section? It's hard to tell by looking at the maps.. . .

Strmchsr
10-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Having stayed at all 3, no I didn't think it felt bigger than CBR or POR. About the same as CBR.

buzznwoodysmom
10-03-2013, 11:34 AM
I have stayed at all of them.

I felt CBR was a bit larger than CSR, but not much.

I think CSR is definitely bigger than just the mansions sections at Riverside, but probably close to the same size as the whole Riverside resort.

#1donaldfan
10-03-2013, 11:53 AM
I've stayed at Riverside many times and so have my sisters and DD CM, who have stayed at CSR and they didn't care for CSR as they said it was way bigger and an incredibly long walk to the pool or busses. Riverside is large but designed in a way that it's not a long walk to anything.....:mickey:

Crow
10-03-2013, 02:30 PM
they are all large somewhat. Ive stayed at all and by far my fav is CSR where I will b staying again in Dec. it is spread out but I didn't find the walk bad. I think I got mixed up more at CBR.

Angelgirl65
10-04-2013, 09:01 AM
CBR is the largest moderate, room wise and size wise. POR and CSR are close. It all comes down to room location for me. If I get a room close to what I use most, its not an issue.

Opus X
10-04-2013, 10:13 AM
I dont consider any of Disney resorts to be "big"
Not a long walk from point a to point b concerning any of them.
CSR I would say is the biggest....but not by much.
POFQ is very tiny though.
Certainly the smallest.

MNNHFLTX
10-05-2013, 01:55 PM
According to Disney's fact sheets, here are the numbers for the moderate resorts:

Caribbean Beach--200 acres, 2112 rooms
Coronado Springs--125 acres, 1921rooms
Port Orleans Riverside--2048 rooms
Port Orleans FQ--1008 rooms

Port Orleans Riverside and FQ together are on 325 acres of land.

Out of the moderates, Caribbean Beach has always felt the most spread out to me, especially the public buildings (Custom House, Port Royale). In comparison, Coronado's main buildings (including the Convention Center) are all close together.

FaithTrustPixieDust
10-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Caribbean Beach--200 acres, 2112 rooms
Coronado Springs--125 acres, 1921rooms
Port Orleans Riverside--2048 rooms
Port Orleans FQ--1008 rooms

Port Orleans Riverside and FQ together are on 325 acres of land.

THANK YOU! This helps a lot. I did read in a few places that Coronado Springs has some kind of shuttle service to help people get around. I don't know how formally organized this is . . .could just be friendly CMs cruising around in golf carts offering rides.

We decided to book Coronado Springs for our next trip. Requesting a room in the Cabanas area . . .fingers crossed.

MNNHFLTX
10-07-2013, 03:59 PM
THANK YOU! This helps a lot. I did read in a few places that Coronado Springs has some kind of shuttle service to help people get around. I don't know how formally organized this is . . .could just be friendly CMs cruising around in golf carts offering rides.

We decided to book Coronado Springs for our next trip. Requesting a room in the Cabanas area . . .fingers crossed.Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate and the Cabanas is my favorite section; I think you will like it too. Bell Services does have golf carts they use to shuttle people around the resort. You will see them zipping around the grounds with people and luggage.

Opus X
10-07-2013, 04:25 PM
I have also..seen the carts in operation....

Melanie
10-07-2013, 05:36 PM
THANK YOU! This helps a lot. I did read in a few places that Coronado Springs has some kind of shuttle service to help people get around.

It is just large golf carts, as Beth confirmed. But this is not yo be confused with Caribbean Beach, that actually does have an internal bus system.