PDA

View Full Version : Beauty and The Beast Tour - Saw it last night!

azcavalier
10-03-2013, 09:05 AM
This is actually the second time i've seen it. It had an extended stay in Tucson about 12 years ago and I saw it then. Thought it was fantastic. Last night, a touring company put it on in Roanoke, Va, and we went to see it. It was very good, though it's kind of hard not to be a little let down once you've seen a bigger production. It's interesting to see how they simplify the set, pare down the cast, and change the music. There are two songs on the Broadway soundtrack they did not perform - "No Matter What" between Belle and Maurice; "Maison de Lune" with Gaston, Lefou, and the caretaker. They also really truncated the battle scene. It went from Gaston entering to immediately finding the Beast and starting to work him over.

It was still a very, very good production with an extremely talented cast. My kids loved it (they had never seen it). A great family night out!

azcavalier
10-03-2013, 11:44 AM
I should also add that they added a song that I have never heard before. It's called "A Change in Me" by Belle, and she sings it before the Mob Song towards the climax of the movie. It was OK. I'm almost certain it's not in the Broadway soundtrack, as I've had that for a decade and have listened to it many, many times.