PDA

View Full Version : Can someone update us? GAC

Terra
10-03-2013, 08:54 AM
If/when someone uses their GAC [especially pertaining to having sensory issues/issues of waiting], could you please update, how it really worked/pros/cons, how it went and worked out for your family, etc?

I won't be going again with my son until his birthday in November [as far as using the GAC].

BrerGnat
10-03-2013, 10:01 AM
I have a friend going to Disneyland on October 9. She is going to see how it all works. Her son has Autism, and they are local AP holders who always use a GAC, so I will post here what she tells me about the changes. From what I know, implementation will be the same on both coasts.

Terra
10-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Great! Thanks so much :) That way I'll be a little more prepared when I take him in November :)

JerseyDad
10-04-2013, 07:10 PM
....so ....no one wants to post the new changes?

Disney4us2
10-04-2013, 07:28 PM
We are going to Epcot tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some info when I update my GAC. Not sure since the DAC is not in effect yet.

tinkwest
10-04-2013, 08:09 PM
I suggest you read this entry (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/guest-assistance-card-program-update-for-walt-disney-world-resort-disneyland-resort/) in the Disney Parks Blog regarding the Guest Assistance Card Program update. It addresses the new system briefly and contains a link to more detailed information.

For first hand experience you will need to be patient and wait until it is fully implemented and guests have a chance to report back.

MNNHFLTX
10-05-2013, 02:21 PM
I suggest you read this entry (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/guest-assistance-card-program-update-for-walt-disney-world-resort-disneyland-resort/) in the Disney Parks Blog regarding the Guest Assistance Card Program update. It addresses the new system briefly and contains a link to more detailed information.Here is the link for details on the new DAS Card, for those that want to go there directly:

Disability Access Services Card (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/disney-parks-disability-access-service-card-fact-sheet/)

Disney4us2
10-05-2013, 06:52 PM
I asked today at Epcot. The CM could not give out any info on the new system. I guess they are all still in training on it. Hopefully going again next weekend. It will be interesting to see the changes.

BrerGnat
10-05-2013, 08:03 PM
I asked today at Epcot. The CM could not give out any info on the new system. I guess they are all still in training on it. Hopefully going again next weekend. It will be interesting to see the changes.

They can, they probably just don't want to yet. I imagine they have been bombarded with questions.

Disney4us2
10-05-2013, 11:42 PM
They can, they probably just don't want to yet. I imagine they have been bombarded with questions.

Your right. This particular CM said he was not allowed to give out information yet. I just didn't push the issue and went on to our fun. We will all find out soon enough.

Terra
10-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the links :) They pretty much summed up what we already know.

I should have clarified and said once some one goes after implementation. :)

I have no question it will all work out for us. It just makes me nervous like anything new in the beginning. My son of course is on the ASD. He is also SPD, has asthma and can't stand for long periods. So we also have mobility issue. It's going to be interesting.