PDA

View Full Version : Extra strong doses of pixie dust and prayers for homeless brother

Katzateer
10-03-2013, 08:06 AM
After almost 2 months of trying to figure this mess out- my brother is getting on a Plane today to go back to Indiana. I could get him very little help in PA. He was not a resident and only got food stamps. He got a little stronger and was well feed but I exhausted all my resources for helping him. The program he is going to will hopefully help him get his life back on track. But if there are no openings today, he has to keep going back until a bed is available. There is another place within a mile he can sleep at for 3+weeks but it would be his 2nd choice for long term help. I just pray I am getting him the help he needs because if this fails he may end up on the streets again.

faline
10-03-2013, 08:11 AM
I hope all goes well for your brother and he is able to receive the support he needs!

TheVBs
10-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Lots of :pixie: for your brother!

Scott C
10-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Where in Indiana?????

Thanks
Scott

Disney4us2
10-03-2013, 02:11 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

disney obsessed
10-03-2013, 03:02 PM
I have been wondering about you and your brother.

Prayers and pixie dust for you both.

hoop de do
10-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Prayers and Pixie Dust coming your way.
:tink::pixie::tink::pixie:

Dulcee
10-03-2013, 03:44 PM
I hope things work out for him and you. Its a much harder fight out of homelessness then most realize. He's lucky he had you even just for a while.

minnie04
10-03-2013, 04:47 PM
I hope everything works out for him. :pixie:

Arielfan98
10-03-2013, 10:03 PM
:tink: Best wishes to you and your brother!!!:pixie::pixie::pixie:

SBETigg
10-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Prayers, pixie dust, and all good thoughts! I know you're concerned and probably worried, but you've been a really great sister and now he has to work it out. I hope everything works out for him.

Tiggerlovr9000
10-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Sending you and your brother lots of prayers and pixie dust.

princessgirls
10-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Prayers for your brother getting his life back together.

How heartbreaking.

Julie:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
10-26-2013, 11:05 PM
hope you can find some comfort and hope. I can imagine and sympathize completely. I was homeless for a while as well a while back. I used to make plenty of poor decisions and ended up losing a job in my early 20s and ended up losing my apartment because I had no income. The only "lucky" thing was I was partying a lot, as my friends were, which meant I could couch surf a lot under the guise that I was too drunk/it was too late to go home. All the while I had no home to go to. I did laundry at laundramats when I found enough quarters, ate single Wendy's dollar items for dinner and used an expired University ID to use the school's gym showers here and there and used school public bathrooms as needed. Lucky for me this pattern bought me enough time to find another job and get myself righted. I am now married, have a house, two cars, and am very blessed and lucky and am thankful every day.

There is always light if you look hard enough for it, and if I can do it, others can too. Keep your eyes and thoughts on/with your brother and he can do this. The war never stops it seems, but winning even a small battle in that war is still just that.

A victory.

Here's good thoughts and hope to you.