PDA

View Full Version : sports tourney lodging question

lilogirl31
10-02-2013, 04:25 PM
I have a question related to the sports tournaments at WDW and lodging. My 16yo daughter's soccer team has been invited to play at the president's weekend soccer tournament. I think they have been given a pretty good package for the weekend...4 nights at an allstar resort, with a 3 day base park ticket $495. I of course would love to go watch...we are from Minnesota...should we stay at the all star resort with them? Or elsewhere? We are on a tight budget...

My last time at WDW was when she was 7 (sigh) and the AK Lodge is not an option this time.

Thanks in advance

Strmchsr
10-02-2013, 05:19 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

To price out all the lodging and options (and there are many!) I would suggest contacting Magical Journeys (look under the sponsors section). They're awesome and can go over all the various options with you and will make sure you get the best discount.

If you're on a tight budget staying at a value resort is probably the best idea. And don't get the dining plan. You can save a good bit of money doing your food out of pocket.

VWL Mom
10-02-2013, 06:44 PM
:welcome:

You may want to check with the event organizer to see if they have any options for the parents. I know when my son played travel baseball there were some buy-ins for parents.

brownie
10-02-2013, 07:39 PM
:welcome:

Welcome to INTERCOT!

If the budget is tight and you're there for an event, I'd stay at one of the All-Stars.