PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - October 31-Nov 16, 2013

Strmchsr
10-01-2013, 01:41 PM
I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp). Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Thursday pm, October 31, 2013
:jack::ghost:Happy Halloween!:bat::mpumpkin:

It looks like a great day for Trick or Treating at WDW with a high around 84. Tomorrow should also be pretty nice with a high around 85 and a slight chance of a stray shower. Saturday look for showers and thunderstorms in the morning, and maybe into early afternoon. Things should begin to clear out by late afternoon and evening. The high will be 77-79. Sunday will be clear with a high 75-77. Monday should be around 80 and clear. Tuesday and Wednesday will be clear with highs 83-85. Thursday should also be around 85, though there's a chance of a brief shower.

Long range...Nov 8 showers are possible with a front moving through, but it doesn't look like a major rain event. Nov 9-14 looks mostly rain free, only a slim chance of a pop up shower, with highs in the low to mid 80s. A strong front moves in with thunderstorms on Nov 15. Nov 16 looks clear and cool with a high in the low 70s.

Travel Impact :plane: :truck: :drive:
The SPC has just issued a tornado watch until 7 pm for much of southern and central Mississippi and eastern Louisiana. This watch comes all the way east to the Alabama state line. Over the last few hours, numerous severe storms have been occurring across Louisiana and Mississippi. There have been quite a few tornado warnings with this activity.

For tomorrow, the storm system will continue to move east and delays are possible all along the east coast from Atlanta to Boston.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Turbulent-air-travel-nothing-to-fear-4058671.php) and here (http://www.askcaptainlim.com/-fear-of-flying-flying-48.html) to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tropics :fan:
All is quiet across the vast Atlantic basin, and tropical storm formation is not expected any time soon. Cooler sea surface temperatures over the northern Gulf really mean the Florida Gulf season is done; anything that forms in November would be out in the deep tropics.

Jared
10-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Have fun in the parks, Chris. Maybe I'll see you! I arrive on Thursday. :)

Strmchsr
10-05-2013, 07:54 AM
Awesome Jared! I hope I get to run into you!

jenperich
10-06-2013, 12:54 AM
We also leave on Thursday! Thanks for the weather forecast, it looks like we'll have a good weekend.

gueli
10-08-2013, 02:02 AM
leaving on Thursday night to drive down. 1st day @ WDW will be sunday...
:mickey:

Strmchsr
10-08-2013, 07:32 AM
I hope y'all have a magical trip!! :mickey:

twinboyz
10-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Been watching your posts for weeks! We arrive at WDW tomorrow! Thanks for the awesome weather forecast.:thumbsup: So looking forward to some sunshine.

Strmchsr
10-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Been watching your posts for weeks! We arrive at WDW tomorrow! Thanks for the awesome weather forecast.:thumbsup: So looking forward to some sunshine.

You should arrive to some nice weather. I've been down here since Friday. It's been fairly humid but the front moved through about an hour ago. I'm typing this from the 50s pool at Pop and it feels wonderful with a nice cool breeze and the humidity is going away. It'll still be mid to upper 80s the rest of the week, but the humidity won't be nearly as bad (at least for us Florida folks it'll feel like fall - for northerners it'll still feel like summer).

Mitzie
10-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Wooo Hooo! :woohoo: Chris is forecasting my weather! Keep our fingers crossed that he gives out good news. Thanks for taking the time out of your trip to check the weather for us. Have a magical trip!

Mitzie
10-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Hey Chris..it has been awhile since you updated..hope all is well.

Strmchsr
10-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Hey, Mitzi. Just posted the latest update. I was traveling back from Orlando on Friday then was swamped Saturday and Sunday with church stuff since I had been gone for a week. All is well! :mickey:

Mitzie
10-15-2013, 08:35 AM
So glad that all is well and I hope you had a great trip! Now lets talk about this "Copious amounts of rain" thing! We were hitting Epcot on the 26th..Please tell me that is still voodoo land and that will change.

Strmchsr
10-15-2013, 09:55 AM
So glad that all is well and I hope you had a great trip! Now lets talk about this "Copious amounts of rain" thing! We were hitting Epcot on the 26th..Please tell me that is still voodoo land and that will change.

It's definitely still voodooland. No worries just yet! I'm sure things will look different when I post the forecast later.

Mitzie
10-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks Chris. I will keep my fingers crossed and possibly some toes...

WiltonJohn
10-15-2013, 08:25 PM
It's definitely still voodooland. No worries just yet! I'm sure things will look different when I post the forecast later.

Good to hear the change off the "big rain" ....... we are in Animal Kingdom that day (25th) including an early tour thing, and the 26th we are to fly home.

Appreciate you posting the weather info all the time. Thanks.

best,

...................john

Mitzie
10-16-2013, 07:43 AM
"Long range...Oct 23-31 shows highs in the low 80s with no significant rain. Interesting to note a hurricane in the Caribbean during this time on the GFS model, but that's voodoo and will be gone later I'm sure."

Uggg Chris are you just trying to stress me out here??! Sandy was skimming the coast last year while we were there and well we know how that turned out...

VWL Mom
10-16-2013, 08:16 AM
"Long range...Oct 23-31 shows highs in the low 80s with no significant rain. Interesting to note a hurricane in the Caribbean during this time on the GFS model, but that's voodoo and will be gone later I'm sure."

Uggg Chris are you just trying to stress me out here??! Sandy was skimming the coast last year while we were there and well we know how that turned out...

The same thing went through my head when I read this.

Strmchsr
10-16-2013, 11:04 AM
No worries! As expected that storm is not showing up on the model runs this morning.

Mitzie
10-16-2013, 12:40 PM
No worries! As expected that storm is not showing up on the model runs this morning.

Ok...now I only show 10 new gray hairs on my head..could of been worse.

DisneyorBust
10-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Morning Chris!
As always, thanks for the weather updates.
DW and I are returning to WDW tomorrow, ponchos are packed and we are prepared for the occasional shower.
We'll be in Disney World! little rain won't dampen our spirits.
Thanks again.

Strmchsr
10-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Morning Chris!
As always, thanks for the weather updates.
DW and I are returning to WDW tomorrow, ponchos are packed and we are prepared for the occasional shower.

Check back in about 15 min. I'm finishing the update for today. Have a great trip!!

WiltonJohn
10-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Looking better for our trip all the time. Thanks.

best,

..............john

Mitzie
10-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Thank You Thank You Thank You. Sounds Great!!

jnfr2424
10-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Long range...Rain and thunderstorms move in during the afternoon of Nov 2 with a front. Nov 3-10 then looks pretty dry. Nov 3-4 highs will be in the mid 70s with lows around 50. Nov 5-10 highs go back to around 80.

Chris in all the years I've been on Intercot you've been on point with weather! I know it's voodoo land but this forecast sounds dreamy!! :cloud9:

brivers222
10-30-2013, 11:32 AM
WOW I can't believe after our Honeymoon 2 years ago that we are now once again on Strmchsr's weather Radar!!!!!!

:cloud9:

lawgirl
11-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi there! Love your forecasts. Just wondering, and this may not even be possible, but have there been any "extended" predictions for early December weather? Just wondering if we can expect hotter, colder than normal, or just regular temps. (Trying to help my sis in Hawaii start packing for our trip!).

Thanks. I'll definitely keep checking back closer to time as well.

Strmchsr
11-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Just wondering, and this may not even be possible, but have there been any "extended" predictions for early December weather?

Long range forecasting is definitely a very inexact science, but the overall pattern right now looks for temps to be around normal (mid to upper 70s) for early December and rainfall to be at or slightly below normal.