PDA

View Full Version : Irish Scots Twins Trip Sept 2013 - Day 9

Dragongirlx
10-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Dragongirlx (Ruth)
Jeniflower
we are two twin sisters who grew up in Northern Ireland but now live in Scotland

Trip takes place from 31st August to the 11 September

This was to be our last day in the parks. We had decided to go to Epcot because it is our favourite. We had reservations that evening for Tokyo Dining. We were out of the room quite quickly and headed to the bus stop. Jeniflower was feeling a bit snuffly but she said it was probably just the air conditioning and that she was fine. We managed to get on a bus almost straight away and arrived 10 minutes before opening. We lined up with everyone else and listened to a few people complaining about how no one knew how to queue properly. I had to laugh because back home I am that person complaining but while I am here I am too relaxed to care. It was here that Jeniflower overhear something quite funny. A person waiting pointed to Spaceship Earth and announced that that was the Earth and there used to be a ride in it but now it was empty. I didn’t hear this but it made me laugh when she told me.
Once again we headed in and went straight to Test Track but it was down so we went over to the land and rode Soarin’ and Living with the Land before heading back over. We rode this a few more times and really did enjoy it very much. We spent most of the morning in the future world part of the park before heading to the world showcase. Lunch was in La Cantina de San Angel, tacos di pollo again and an ice lolly for dessert. Once again it was lovely but I had a green tongue after the lime ice lolly. Then we wandered around the world showcase again for the afternoon. Highlights included seeing Mulan out and posing with the cutest little girl who was also dressed like Mulan, the British Revolution, the world Showcase Players, Voices of Liberty and picking a pearl in Japan. We had picked some on our first day in EPCOT we both had white pearls that time. I had mine made into a lizard necklace and Jeniflower had picked the Octopus necklace. This time I picked a silver pearl and Jeniflower another white one but bigger than usual. Jeniflower had hers made into the shell necklace and I had mine in a twisty silver design. We also saw one child pick out the biggest pearl of the day. I think it was over size 9 but it looked huge. We also bought a few other things in Japan including a handy little brush for cleaning your keyboard. Once I dragged Jeniflower away from the teapots we decided to have a green apple sake before heading to dinner. Although this drink comes in other flavours the green apple is my favourite. I wish I could get it here in Scotland.
We headed up to Tokyo Dining and were seated straight away. We were over to the right as you walk in and had a great view out of the windows. I ordered the bento box and Jeniflower went for sushi. The bento box was yummy and I especially enjoyed the tempura vegetables and the beef. It came with beef fried rice which was ok but not as nice as the white rice that I had the previous year.
Jeniflower really enjoyed her sushi. For dessert I had the green tea pudding which was very light and Jeniflower had ice cream. All in all it was a lovely meal. This was a lovely last day with only one low point. As I had mentioned Jeniflower had been feeling snuffly in the morning. As the day went on she began to feel worse until she had to admit that she had caught a cold. She made the best of it though and we both agreed that it was better she had it on the last day rather than the first.
To end the night we watched British Revolution with a pint of cider each before heading to Spaceship Earth one last time and heading back to the Lodge. Tomorrow it would be time to pack and then the long journey home.

faline
10-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Well, if one needs to catch a cold, it is better that the illness falls at the very end of the trip than sooner.

Still, you managed to have a lovely last day to your trip!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the report, love Epcot:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
10-02-2013, 08:42 AM
I hate the last day. Sounds like a great trip- except for Jeniflower getting sick. Thanks for sharing.