PDA

View Full Version : Today's Wildcard

Ms. Mode
10-01-2013, 08:07 AM
Ok, I'm a Braves fan..Go Braves!
But, today I route for the BUCKS (hey, I've live in WV, we get to watch ROOT or Reds).

So, who's with me and who's agin me? :number1:

Belle of the Ball 051411
10-01-2013, 10:30 AM
DH and I are Cardinals fans (he is from MO). I will be cheering for the Reds tonight though!

BraddyB
10-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Lets Go Bucs !!!!!!!!!

:pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate:

Scar
10-01-2013, 03:38 PM
But, today I route for the BUCKS (hey, I've live in WV, we get to watch ROOT or Reds).I'm a little rusty with West Virginian... Please translate. ;)

But yea, I think most of us who don't have a dog in the race are pulling for Pittsburgh.

(Although, as a Mets fan, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the early '90's... and Bobby Bonilla. :sick:)

CynBeth
10-01-2013, 07:25 PM
This O's fan is rooting for the Bucs.

Melanie
10-01-2013, 07:30 PM
(Although, as a Mets fan, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the early '90's... and Bobby Bonilla. :sick:)

Um, yeah. I am a Braves fan, and I get you. Bobby AND Barry. :sick: And YES...I was a Braves fan then. GO SID!

But yeah, it's definitely a new era, and you've gotta respect how the fans are feeling.

BraddyB
10-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Mel, you have BROKEN MY HEART. Your Braves have caused this streak !!!!!!!!

Don't be bashing the Killer Bee's !!!

Just for that, IAN has moved ahead of you on my podcast favs. Yep that guy across the state from me who likes those FLYERS :sick:

Plus I want head to Philly and get one of those sandwiches from Tommy DiNic's....they look so good every time I see them !!

Melanie
10-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Mel, you have BROKEN MY HEART. Your Braves have caused this streak !!!!!!!!

Don't be bashing the Killer Bee's !!!

Just for that, IAN has moved ahead of you on my podcast favs. Yep that guy across the state from me who likes those FLYERS :sick:

Plus I want head to Philly and get one of those sandwiches from Tommy DiNic's....they look so good every time I see them !!

Waaaaaaht? We're not even in your division? Not our fault. ;)

I can't believe you'd side with a FLYERS fan. :fresh:

In all seriousness, that series with the Braves/Pirates is HUGE in our history. Those were some good years in our rivalry.

Go to Philly for what? Why not Geno's or Pat's? :tasty: I've never even heard of what you are referring to.

But for even more seriousness, we went to a game in Pittsburgh early in the spring and had a great time, even though the Braves lost. What a beautiful park with incredible baseball atmosphere. I remember after the game, we were walking back across the bridge to our car, and a well meaning Bucs fan said to us "please, let us enjoy this win. You guys will be happy in October and we'll be sad." It made me think. And also appreciate that even though we haven't made the playoffs since '05, we've still had it better than others!

Scar
10-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Um, yeah. I am a Braves fan, and I get you. Bobby AND Barry. :sick: And YES...I was a Braves fan then. GO SID!

Yea, but you only had to put up with him for 1 year... and I'm guessing your team isn't still paying him. :mad:

Hammer
10-02-2013, 12:32 AM

Go to Philly for what? Why not Geno's or Pat's? :tasty: I've never even heard of what you are referring to.

Tommy DiNic's is in the Reading Terminal Market. The roast pork with sharp provolone was voted by Travel Channel as the best sandwich in America a few years ago. The cheese steaks and roast pork there are delicious! Honestly, I like the sandwiches there more than Pat's or Geno's.

I said it in the other thread, but I'm rooting for the Pirates this postseason for the NL. Rays are my AL team.

tjstrike
10-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Lets go BRAVES !!!!!