PDA

View Full Version : Irish Scots Twins trip - day 8

Dragongirlx
10-01-2013, 03:57 AM
Cast
Dragongirlx (Ruth)
Jeniflower
we are two twin sisters who grew up in Northern Ireland but now live in Scotland

Trip takes place from 31st August to the 11 September

Sorry for the delay in these but work got in the way

Today we were heading back to Magic Kingdom. The plan was to do the things we had missed and have dinner at Tony’s that evening. We had breakfast before we left so headed to fantasy land. We wanted to ride the little mermaid again. We got to see a bit more of the theming as the queue was longer so we went further into the caves under Eric’s castle. It was very cool. The ride was excellent once again and we explored the village and the shops again before heading off to other lands. We did stop throughout the morning in Gastons tavern for a Le Fou Brew. This was lovely and refreshing. If you sip it straight from the cup its tastes of apple but through a straw the marshmallow flavour comes through – I will be buying this again. While we were drinking these Gaston himself showed up outside the tavern and lots of people were queuing for pictures. Jeniflower thought he looked great but was too shy to join the line so we headed out to ride dumbo. I haven’t ridden this since it moved but the line was short so we hopped in and flew for a while.
Jeniflower and I were beginning to get a bit hungry so we decided to join the line for Be Our Guest for the counter service lunch.
The line wasn’t very long but it was hot to be standing out. Cast members were giving out water and big umbrellas so that helped. What didn’t help was that the man in front of us kept tipping his umbrella backwards so Jeniflower and I nearly got hit in the head with it. We spoke up and asked him to be careful and he was more considerate then but he seemed a bit confused that there were people behind him in a line :confused:. We waited 15 to 20 minutes and were led inside the castle. We were asked if we wanted to pay by cash or card and then we were given a rose and pointed to a terminal to order. There was a family in front of us finishing up their order but they finished quickly, after a little confusion and it was our turn. The terminals were easy to use and I loved the pictures of the food. Jeniflower and I both ordered the roast beef sandwich, all the other menu items looked yummy though. For dessert Jeniflower went for the strawberry cheesecake cupcake and I went for the lemon meringue cupcake. We went to find seats and decided to sit in the ballroom. Found a table next to the windows and watched the snow. I went off to find the cutlery and get drinks and Jeniflower waited and watched the other people in the restaurant. The food came quickly, the roast beef in the sandwich was perfect but I felt the bread was a little dry however not enough to spoil it for me and the pomme frites were perfect. Jeniflowers cupcake came with a giant strawberry on top. She said it was very nice but it wasn’t a patch on my lemon meringue cupcake. The peringue was lovely and the lemon filling to die for.
Once we had our fill it was time to head out to the park again. As we were a little full and a bit tired we did the rides and shows were you can rest, Country Bear Jamboree, Tiki rooms, philharmagic, carousel of progress, and the TTA. After that we went on all our favourites and did some more shopping. We gave the parade a miss but did catch the Castle Show – which is guaranteed to make me cry every time. Just because it makes me soo happy. I was exactly the same when it was Cinderbrellaration.
Dinner that evening was at Tony’s. We checked in but it was a little busy so we expected to wait. Imagine my surprise when we were taken in within 5 minutes. We were seated at the back of the restaurant in a little corner. Next to us were a family with two small children. The kids were having a great old time but mum and dad looked a little exhausted. They were getting ready to leave and seemed to be having problems with the server. Trying to get the cheque seemed to be an effort. They did get in and eventually left but as they went I heard the server (who was our server too) loudly comment that they hadn’t left a tip and it was disgraceful.
The server eventually came over to take our order. I had the braised short rib and Jeniflower went for the steak. The short rib was absolutely beautiful. It melted in my mouth. It came with orzo pasta which tasted ok but there was quite a lot of little chunks of peppers throughout and I am not keen on peppers so I didn’t eat that much. Jeniflower said the steak was good too. During our meal we could have used some more drinks but the server never came near us and was very slow clearing our plates. She eventually came back with the desserts and the cheque, even though we had not yet asked for it. She made a point at the start of the meal and when she brought the check to make a speech about the tip, even though we were on the dining plan she was really pushing us to use a credit card to make a tip. We always tip in cash but even when we had given the KTTW card to take the credits off she still queried about the tip. To be honest if I had been on my own behaviour like that would have resulted in no tip but Jeniflower is much nicer than me so we did leave a tip in the end but it really bugged me. For dessert I had the pistachio Crème Brule and Jeniflower had the Spumoni. Both were lovely. In fact the whole meal was lovely the only thing wrong was the service and only from this particular server. Then it was back out to the park to ride our favourite rides again before heading back to Wilderness Lodge. Tomorrow would be our last day in the parks and we were heading to EPCOT.

vizsla
10-01-2013, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
10-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Perhaps being a waittress is the wrong line of work for the server you had at Tony's. Constantly bothering your guests for a tip and not providing good service seem to be a surefire way to not get many, or good tips!!

The rest of your day sounds lovely!! The Magic Kingdom is such a great place to spend a full day!!

yjgirl32
10-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Our last visit to Tony's was not that great either. There were ants on the wall and when we asked to be moved the server was not very nice about it. Then she messed up our order. Thank you for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Wow, that service wasn't too magical:( Sounds like the rest of the day went okay. Thanks for the report