PDA

View Full Version : CBR - Quick trip review

k10
09-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Stayed at the CBR last week for 3 nights. Here's a quick little synopsis that may be helpful for anyone w/ like factors in the future.

Factors: 2 adults, on Dining Plan +, very familiar w/ Disney.

*We thought it was funny that the Magical Express drops you off at a Custom House, which is not in a central location w/ Concierge, shopping and food. Not a problem, but an immediate, "where are we?" moment. Quickly followed by a, "now that we've read the map, we get it" moment.

*We took the bus to Port Royale (center town) and opted to walk to Jamaica, our "island". Pleased to see our room requests were obliged: 1. Ground Floor 2. Near transportation. Thank you, Disney. This helped immensely.

*Since our trip was so quick, we didn't really care to figure out the bus system over-analytically. We just got hopped on and off as we pleased. Once you understand where you are in the resort, CBR does not come off as expansive. I am sure being roomed right near a bus stop helps with this outlook.

*We only used the dining area in Centertown to grab snacks w/ our Dining Plan. Not the best CS/Shopping/Lobby area I've seen. I live CSR's better. But again, this trip wasn't about hanging at the resort at all. It was purely for a bed and transportation.

*DH did use the pool in Jamaica one morning and enjoyed it. Lots of pools to choose from, it seems. So that's nice in a large resort.

*Our room was always clean, the CMs were all really pleasant and all in all, we were very satisfied with our stay. And of course, please with ourselves for not being overwhelmed.

*We noticed the resort mugs are the same mugs but different color lids. More neon choices. We used ours during our trip, but left them there. We have way too many at home that don't get used.

*I never bothered to look for a fridge. Now I'm kicking myself.

I'd say it's a great resort for a long vacation. My trip probably would have been better served at a POP or AOA, but DH really wanted to knock this one off his list. Glad we did.

Next trip is to POR. Not the 1st time. Probably not the last. But I think CSR is still my current favorite.

:thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Sounds like it was a good stay. Thanks for the review.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Sounds like a nice stay. Thanks for the report