PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's August trip report - part three

dlpmikki
09-30-2013, 05:29 AM
Day 5 - Friday 23rd August
We decide to go in early to the Magic Kingdom today so I can have my pictures with characters and in pretty spots. After 45 minutes and 10 other buses (at least two for each of the other parks) my humans decide the window of opportunity has passed and go into the front desk to query housekeeping as not much to our surprise we only had trash and towel on day 4 despite our 15 night stay. Amazing how much confusion a simple question can cause. Anyway, all's well that ends well: housekeeping seem to acknowledge they made a mistake and we will still get two full services. They even offer us a choice of time of day.

The highlight of the rest of the day is the humans each getting a 90 minute massage. They have it done together, in the same room. They both come out feeling calm and relaxed. Anyone considering a massage and thinking of paying Disney prices might consider Massage Envy in the Dr Phillips area (junction of Sand Lake Road and Turkey Lake Road).

Back at OKW for the evening, the humans think they will watch a DVD they bought during the day. I won't bother saying what it was since it's not Disney, although the lead actress has said some very nice things about the films she made for Disney in the '90s. I will say it might be an idea for DVC to update the DVD player instructions in the room to match the actual equipment.

Day 6 - Saturday 24th August
Taking a lesson from yesterday, we set off for the bus really early and are waiting at the Magic Kingdom for rope drop. Within an hour and a half, we have ridden Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan, seen the fairies (Vidia got quite excited to see me and Tinker Bell was over friendly too (once she realised who I was and not one of the naughty cats she's met) and ridden Pirates and Big Thunder Mountain Railway. We were right at the front on Big Thunder and both the humans declared themselves thoroughly shaken up. They ate pork sandwiches at Cosmic Ray's (not likely to do that again soon) and we toured the Haunted Mansion. Mikki then went to ride with Buzz Light year and I had some pictures taken near the wishing well before leaving the park.
After an afternoon rest(and lots of rain) we return to the Magic Kingdom, hoping to meet Blythe and family. My Mikki gets to see Mickey in the town square as the line is now short. We had a wander through the park and went on the little mermaid ride. We met up in tomorrow land and as a bonus Christine, John and Olivia came too. Love these mini Intercot meets. The adults chatted while the three girls went on autopia. We left as the fireworks started as it had been a long day.

Day 7 - Sunday 25th August
It's back to the Magic Kingdom for more photographs for me. In Town Square, we stop to listen to the Dapper Dans, who conclude their set with a bit of "limited time magic" singing some sort of modern, boy band song my humans are too old to recognise. But the real magic if when one of them gives me a cuddle.

Then, we get more pictures in the park, such as with the little statues around the Hub. Rapunzel's tower may only contain restrooms but it is wonderful work. If only my Andrew could hold his camera straight, we'd have some nice pictures! I also get my picture with the (I think they're called) "Royal Courtiers" at the entrance to the new Fantasyland. Only Gaston disappoints by not turning up when expected. Well, I suppose we should expect bad behaviour from Gaston!

In the evening, we look for more character pictures in the Studios. Behind the Animation Courtyard, I meet Princess Sophia I (she's very pretty) and Pirate Jake, inside the Animation Building, I see Wreck It Ralph. I hold on to him for a special picture. He also refuses to allow Andrew to avoid getting into the picture.

We then meet Christine Warner and look for the Character Paluzza characters on the streets. Tonight, there are Tigger, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas and the Queen of Hearts. Lovely to see them all.

dlpmikki
09-30-2013, 05:38 AM
More pictures from the studios - what a lucky kitty I am!

VWL Mom
09-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Friday morning hiccup aside it sounds like you had some fun days. Love the photos!

faline
09-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Figaro, what a lot of petting you got!! You are one lucky kitty!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-30-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm sorry there was such a mix up with the busses!

But, it looks like you made a lot of friends, and I'm glad even the Queen was nice to you.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Love the pictures. Thanks for the report