PDA

View Full Version : PALO vs Remy's

susie & perla's mom
09-29-2013, 08:39 PM
We will be on our way to our 5th Disney cruise and has always been a huge fan of PALO brunch. Is it worth it to give up PALO and try Remy's champagne brunch instead? My DH is making me only choose one.

Christine
10-13-2013, 10:26 AM
I've never been to either but I'm hoping to bump this up so someone else can come by and give input!! :)

Yungbuck73
10-21-2013, 07:38 PM
We will be on our way to our 5th Disney cruise and has always been a huge fan of PALO brunch. Is it worth it to give up PALO and try Remy's champagne brunch instead? My DH is making me only choose one.

We are going on the Disney Dream in January and we were thinking of doing the Palo Brunch. How is it and what does the menu consist of. We ate at Palo in 2011 on the Dream and were not very pleased. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

susie & perla's mom
10-21-2013, 11:00 PM
I was not impressed with the PALO dinner neither. Brunch on the other side is a different story. It's basically a buffet of appetizer, with lots of seafood. Some breakfast items too including my favorite hot sticky bun. They also have nice selections of cheese, etc...the main entrees are made to order fresh for you. Desserts are buffet too. They just don't look good, they are to die for! Oh, the brunch comes with Mimosas too.

Yungbuck73
10-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the info. We booked at 12:30 for our cruise. Can't wait. We saw a video on YouTube that showed everything.

lightyearfan
10-25-2013, 02:49 PM
I was not impressed with the PALO dinner neither.

wow i'm shocked, me and dw have been on 4 Disney Cruises 1-Magic/1-Fantasy/2-Dream, and each time we ate at Palo and it was simply awesome. Maybe you had a bad night or choose a meal that you just didn't like? either way im just shocked,that you weren't impressed. The service is 2nd to none and the menu choices that me and dw choose were a smash each time. Did you get the chocolate suflay? this desert alone is worth the price of admission. Anyway we've got another cruise booked on the Wonder in Sept 2014 and guess what on the 1st day available to book excursions guess where were booking to eat ??? It's not Remy's that's a hint:mickey:

Victor

Yungbuck73
10-25-2013, 03:47 PM
We loved Palo on wonder. We thought that on Dream was lacking. Service was SLOW and not in the way that u should enjoy the meal. 20 min to get water, more than that to even order. Meal was just okay. I'm not a picky eater but even I thought it was just average. We will be doing brunch at Palo on our next one. Looking forward to that.

susie & perla's mom
10-25-2013, 04:38 PM
We did get an excellent service twice on PALO dinner, but I thought the quality of food is just the same as what you'll get on your regular dinner rotation. The only difference is the ambiance, less crowds, no kids.

lightyearfan
10-29-2013, 03:02 PM
We did get an excellent service twice on PALO dinner, but I thought the quality of food is just the same as what you'll get on your regular dinner rotation. The only difference is the ambiance, less crowds, no kids.

again me and dw are shocked, there is no way that the quality of the food is the same. try a steak dinner at Artist Pallette which is good, then try the Palo Steak, then tell me it's the same, this cannot be farthest from the truth imho

Victor

susie & perla's mom
11-11-2013, 09:44 AM
We just got back from our cruise and was very fortunate to convince my husband to do both PALO and Remy brunch. PALO was still great, but Remy exceeded our expectations. It's really worth paying extra $50pp and an additional $25 for champagne paring. We both agreed that both will be a part of our tradition on our future cruises with DCL. The only bad part is, we did not enjoy our regular dinner rotation. We just finished our 5th cruise with them, and noticed that the menu is still the same. I think it's time to revise some of them.:wine: