PDA

View Full Version : BOG lunch reservations

kerry827
09-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi all,

We have a trip planned for 11 days from now...but who is counting?! lol

We are testing the fast pass + with the magic bands (which seems cool to have it loaded before we leave) and we are wondering how we can get lunch reservations for BOG....I have read around the web that there is some number that you are given to book it but I don't know where on our stuff the number is. Also, when calling Disney, they suggested asking our concierge when we check in. We can and will do that but we were hoping to have all the ADR's set before we left. We also realize we can just go and wait online and of course that is also an option too.

Does anyone have any insight or experience booking Be Our Guest lunch reservations?

THANKS!!!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2013, 03:15 PM
You can't get reservations for lunch. This restaurant is kind of unique in that it is a counter service restaurant for lunch, first come, first serve and then a table service restaurant for dinner, when you can book a reservation. If you go to the Disney website you can book a dinner reservation online or you can call 1-407-939-3463

buzznwoodysmom
09-29-2013, 04:52 PM
You can't get reservations for lunch. This restaurant is kind of unique in that it is a counter service restaurant for lunch, first come, first serve and then a table service restaurant for dinner, when you can book a reservation. If you go to the Disney website you can book a dinner reservation online or you can call 1-407-939-3463

Actually Disney is currently testing FP+ for BOG right now. You have the choice of just reserving your time or actually putting in your food order. There is a website dedicated just to this.

To the OP, from what I am reading Disney has sent out invites with a number to use on the BOG site. I know some people have found a way around it, but I think it was intended to be available to only those with an invite, at least for now.

I sent you a PM.

TexasPrincessAurora
09-30-2013, 12:05 AM
Actually Disney is currently testing FP+ for BOG right now. You have the choice of just reserving your time or actually putting in your food order. There is a website dedicated just to this.

Do you have the website? I've been searching on info on the BOG Fastpass for our upcoming trip. Would love any insight on how to get an invite or FP!

mlbaker1277
10-01-2013, 02:08 PM
I made reservations for lunch at Be Our Guest this weekend! You have to wait until exactly 17 days prior to your trip, then log on to the website https:/beourguestlunch.disney.go.com.
We got the exact day we wanted with no problem, 10/17, but they made us pre select our meals. That was fine with me because I already knew what I wanted. I was just so excited to do this, and I did not have to receive an invitation to do it.

Camaro305
10-01-2013, 02:24 PM
I believe you get a choice of "expedited arrival" or "meal choice". If you choose the first option, you still get to experience the kiosk ordering part. The second option would get you directly to a table where your preselected choice would be delivered.

buzznwoodysmom
10-01-2013, 03:32 PM
I made reservations for lunch at Be Our Guest this weekend! You have to wait until exactly 17 days prior to your trip, then log on to the website https:/beourguestlunch.disney.go.com.
We got the exact day we wanted with no problem, 10/17, but they made us pre select our meals. That was fine with me because I already knew what I wanted. I was just so excited to do this, and I did not have to receive an invitation to do it.

17 days? Really? I have seen people claim they have been able to book it as far out as Nov. 22. That's much farther than 17 days. I have tried to book for Nov. 24 with no luck. Keep getting a message that no FP+ are available for selected dates.

Kenny1113
10-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Does this use up one if your 3 FP+?
If not, Do you have to have tickets linked?

buzznwoodysmom
10-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Does this use up one if your 3 FP+?
If not, Do you have to have tickets linked?

Supposedly it isn't linked to your 3 FP+ selections for the park. I think you only need your resort reservation number and a valid Disney account to log in.

Kenny1113
10-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Supposedly it isn't linked to your 3 FP+ selections for the park. I think you only need your resort reservation number and a valid Disney account to log in.

This is good news! How does the option appear on MDE? Under FP+ ? Under the resturaunt? Or elsewhere?

TexasPrincessAurora
10-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Is the "reservation ID" that it asks for not the same as the Confirmation number? That's the only number I have to use and the site won't take a number with letters, only numbers.

buzznwoodysmom
10-01-2013, 06:16 PM
This is good news! How does the option appear on MDE? Under FP+ ? Under the resturaunt? Or elsewhere?

I don't think it will appear on your MDE. Although I a not sure since I haven't been able to book it myself so I can't say for sure.

From what I have read most people either took a screen shot of their page that stated they had the reservation, some printed it and took it with them, and others just wrote down the confirmation number. But I haven't seen anyone say it showed up with their other FP+ or dining.

buzznwoodysmom
10-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Is the "reservation ID" that it asks for not the same as the Confirmation number? That's the only number I have to use and the site won't take a number with letters, only numbers.

Sent you a PM.

Capt_redshirt
10-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Sent you a PM.

Could you send me PM with this info too?

Lindsey310
10-01-2013, 07:32 PM

I did it last night when we were at 19 days...I think it depends on availability for the dates?? Although I tried about a month ago and it said there were no times available. We had the choice to select now or select when we got there and we chose the meals now. I'm excited!! :mickey: :eat:

18 days!!!!! :joy:

Shea&Sky'smom
10-01-2013, 07:57 PM

I tried to sign in and had the same problem. It will not accept letters in the confirmation. Any suggestion??

thads
10-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Me too, just numbers, no letters. If anyone has any advice with this, please let us know.

imadisneyfan
10-01-2013, 09:56 PM
I am having the same problem; the confirmation field will not accept letters only numbers. We are 45 days out and would love to get a fast pass for BOG. :mickey:

Kenny1113
10-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Thanks all.
I just went on, saw the option for fast pass + , but when I clicked on it the only dates that came up were this week (10/2-10/5) and dec 9-11. Neither are our travel dates. It wouldn't let me do anything (grayed out) because it said this was not in our travel window. I will try again another time and see if I can get it to work.

Jared
10-01-2013, 10:35 PM
For what it's worth, I don't think the Be Our Guest lunch Fastpass+ reservations appear on the My Disney Experience site. At least,it isn't showing up or me, and I know I booked a time.

Also, I never received an email specifically inviting me to participate in the Be Our Guest test. I just went to the website, put my confirmation number in and was able to make a reservation. I figured that everybody who is getting a MagicBand as part of their hotel reservation is eligible.

buzznwoodysmom
10-02-2013, 08:40 AM
For those of you having trouble putting in your resort reservation number try this. Go to your reservations page on MDE and hover your mouse around the online checkin link, but don't click. A small window should appear at the bottom of your screen. There is a 12 digit sequence of numbers after a series of other text. That number should start with a 4. That is the number you need to input. Hope this works for everyone. Good luck.

buzznwoodysmom
10-02-2013, 08:45 AM
For what it's worth, I don't think the Be Our Guest lunch Fastpass+ reservations appear on the My Disney Experience site. At least,it isn't showing up or me, and I know I booked a time.

Also, I never received an email specifically inviting me to participate in the Be Our Guest test. I just went to the website, put my confirmation number in and was able to make a reservation. I figured that everybody who is getting a MagicBand as part of their hotel reservation is eligible.

Some folks on another site got invites with a number they were to use to book it. It was assumed that you needed the number on the invite in order to access the site. A lot of people, including me, have letters in their resort confirmation number. The BOG site will not let you input any letters. This is where many people are having issues getting in. Hopefully the method I explained in the above post will help some people get it booked.

We LOVE Disney
10-02-2013, 09:17 AM
I did it last night when we were at 19 days...I think it depends on availability for the dates?? Although I tried about a month ago and it said there were no times available. We had the choice to select now or select when we got there and we chose the meals now. I'm excited!! :mickey: :eat:

18 days!!!!! :joy:

I'm just curious as I know VERY little about the magic bands and fp+ but why would you choose your meals now (as opposed to looking at the menu when you sit down and order)?

Lindsey310
10-02-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm just curious as I know VERY little about the magic bands and fp+ but why would you choose your meals now (as opposed to looking at the menu when you sit down and order)?

I'm a picky eater and honestly the only thing that sounded good to me on the menu was the turkey sandwich. My husband knew what he wanted also. And I would like to skip the ordering kiosks if possible bc it have heard they take forever bc of indecisive guests in the party. :mickey:

17 days!!!! Can.not.wait.!!!!:cloud9:

Jared
10-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Some folks on another site got invites with a number they were to use to book it. It was assumed that you needed the number on the invite in order to access the site. A lot of people, including me, have letters in their resort confirmation number. The BOG site will not let you input any letters. This is where many people are having issues getting in. Hopefully the method I explained in the above post will help some people get it booked.
Oh, interesting. I wonder why that is. What determines whether your confirmation number has letters versus all numbers? Does it have to do with booking directly through Disney as opposed to with a travel agent?

I'm intrigued.

buzznwoodysmom
10-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Oh, interesting. I wonder why that is. What determines whether your confirmation number has letters versus all numbers? Does it have to do with booking directly through Disney as opposed to with a travel agent?

I'm intrigued.

I have wondered the same thing. I thought maybe it has to do with room only vs. package. Or discounted vs. non discounted.

I am booked directly through Disney with a package, booked with the free dining discount. My confirmation number was only 8 digits and had both numbers and letters.

Jared
10-02-2013, 09:11 PM
I have wondered the same thing. I thought maybe it has to do with room only vs. package. Or discounted vs. non discounted.

I am booked directly through Disney with a package, booked with the free dining discount. My confirmation number was only 8 digits and had both numbers and letters.
I booked directly through Disney as well, but room-only. I had all numbers, and it was definitely more than eight characters. I think it might have been 12 or 15.

Kenny1113
10-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Sorry I keep posting...I'm not sure I am doing this right. I am never prompted to enter a confirmation number.

We are traveling in Nov.
I went to the disney website. Fast pass+ was not an option on BOG unless I logged in. Once logged in FP+ appeared, if I clicked on it I got the message I had previously posted-that it is not in the date range.

Please help. I would greatly appreciate If any one has any suggestions.

buzznwoodysmom
10-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Sorry I keep posting...I'm not sure I am doing this right. I am never prompted to enter a confirmation number.

We are traveling in Nov.
I went to the disney website. Fast pass+ was not an option on BOG unless I logged in. Once logged in FP+ appeared, if I clicked on it I got the message I had previously posted-that it is not in the date range.

Sorry, I have no more tricks up my sleeve!;)

I would suggest calling Disney IT to see if they can help you. I only had to input my resort reservation the first time I logged on to the be our guest web page. After that initial login I have only had to put my email address and password to access the reservations page. Still no luck getting anything for my date. I continue to get the same message "there are no FP+ available for your date, please select another day". Something like that. Sorry I am not of more help.

buzznwoodysmom
10-04-2013, 08:05 PM
I was finally able to book one for me and for my sister in law for Nov. 24 tonight.

Goofy4TheWorld
10-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Ok, I feel like I just walked into a convenience store, watched the winning lotto numbers being drawn on TV, then found a defective lotto terminal that sold me the winning numbers for the drawing I just watched on TV!

I followed the link to https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com and logged in using my Disney account login. The next page asked me for my resort confirmation, and I had the same letters/numbers problem others have.

I was able to grab my 12-digit confirmation number by clicking on "My Reservations" on the MDE website as buzznwoodysmom posted, but with a catch. Because I had already did my online check-in, I had to click on "View Details" within the "Resort Reservations" section of my reservations, then I had to click "Change Check-In" at the top of the pop-up window, and when I did Woody appears on the screen telling me to "please wait''' and while Woody is on the screen I had to look at the address bar at the top and write down the 12 digit number. Woody disappeared too quickly for me to get all 12 digits, so I had to do it twice to get them all.

Once I entered my 12 digits and name, it went to the date selection page where I could select a lunch for any date of my trip. After selecting my date it gave me 3 time ranges to pick from, and then I could choose to pre-order the meals and go straight to my table, or select the order later on at the restaurant option.

I chose to order now, and I was given the option to order everyone in my party the same meal or order everyone's stuff one at a time. Absolutely none of the food at BOG appeals to 3 out of 4 of my party, ordered for each person individually, but WE ONLY ORDERED DESERT and drinks! We got 4 cupcakes,1 soda, 1 water, and 2 milks for $21.63 plus tax. There will be no charge for the meal until we pick it up. I took a picture of the final page which displayed all of my choices (I did not see any "confirmation number" associated with this reservation). If I return to the BOG website, it pulls my reservation up and allows me to change my meals if I so desired.

I feel like I just robbed a bank, but I am SOOOO happy to be able to try BOG without waiting in too much of a line and I also get to try it for cheap!

Oh yea, when selecting you Soups, Entrees, Beverages, Deserts, and Kid's Meals, the website give a very good picture of every item so you can see what you are ordering. It didn't make me want to eat any of the Entrees, but it was still nice to see.

Now I just have to hope the NSA and Disney don't pair up to take me down. If nobody sees me post for a week, tell John to call for help!

:mickey: :thumbsup: :thedolls: :secret: :party: :cloud9: :D:rocks:

Goofy4TheWorld
10-04-2013, 10:01 PM
....and :beer: :beer: :beer:

Goofy4TheWorld
10-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Just for fun...

Soups
French Onion 5.29
Potato Leek Soup 4.79

Entrees
Tuna Nicoise Salad 13.49
Quinoa Salad 9.99
Croque Monsieur 11.19
Carved Turkey Sandwich 11.19
Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich 12.19
Vegetable Quiche 8.99
Braised Pork (Cog Au Vin Style) 11.99
French Onion Soup 5.29
Potato Leek Soup 4.79

Beverages
Adult Cold Fountain Drink (SELF SERVE) 2.99
Adult Hot Beverage (coffee or cocoa) 2.39
Lowfat Milk 2% 1.69
Nesquik Chocolate Milk 2.39
Dasani Bottled Water 2.50
Minute Maid Apple Juice 2.69
Simply Orange Juice 3.79

Deserts
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake 3.19
Triple Chocolate Cupcake 3.19
Lemon Meringue Cupcake 3.19
The Master's Cupcake (with the Grey Stuff) 3.19
Chocolate Cream Puff 3.19
Tropical Fruit Cream Puff 3.19
Lemon - Raspberry Cream Puff 3.19

Kids' Meals
Mickey Meatloaf 8.49
Carved Turkey Sandwich 8.49
Seared Mahi Mahi 7.49
Whole-Grain Macaroni (marinara sauce) 6.99
Slow-cooked Pork 8.49

Goofy4TheWorld
10-04-2013, 10:15 PM

We are traveling in Nov.

Are you going to special BOG link at https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com ?

I do not think you can access it from the regular Disney page for BOG.

Kenny1113
10-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Are you going to special BOG link at https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com ?

I do not think you can access it from the regular Disney page for BOG.

That did it! Thank you! :D

Now if we can just coordinate with the others we are traveling with....

buzznwoodysmom
10-05-2013, 09:35 AM
That did it! Thank you! :D

Now if we can just coordinate with the others we are traveling with....
That's great! I thought you were on the right webpage from the beginning. Wish I had realized you weren't logging onto the right site!

Kenny1113
10-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Yep. Missed the "lunch" part of the website.

buzznwoodysmom
10-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Finally! We were finally able to secure Be Our Guest FP+ for all 5 of our rooms for our upcoming trip. Hopefully all goes smoothly and this will save us some time.

Kenny1113
10-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Finally! We were finally able to secure Be Our Guest FP+ for all 5 of our rooms for our upcoming trip. Hopefully all goes smoothly and this will save us some time.

Are all 5 room under the same reservation? If not, did you just try to coordinate the same return times? What do you think the chances are of sitting together/near each other?
We are a group of 8 with two separate reservations....

jnfr2424
10-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Are all 5 room under the same reservation? If not, did you just try to coordinate the same return times? What do you think the chances are of sitting together/near each other?

It can be done as long as everyone is in your friends and family list - really does not matter about the separate reservations... We are a party of 6 with 2 room eservations also doing a split stay and we were able to book FP+ for Be Our Guest

Kenny1113
10-05-2013, 11:09 PM
It can be done as long as everyone is in your friends and family list - really does not matter about the separate reservations... We are a party of 6 with 2 room eservations also doing a split stay and we were able to book FP+ for Be Our Guest

Hmmm...my friends and family did not come up when I booked. Only those on my reservation showed up. :(

jenperich
10-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Does this still count as counter service? Sounds too good to be true.

disneynarula
10-06-2013, 06:10 AM
Just trying to get this straight here but do you also have to decide what you want to order ahead of time???

Kenny1113
10-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Just trying to get this straight here but do you also have to decide what you want to order ahead of time???

No. If you select direct to table you do, but if you select fast pass + you do not.

buzznwoodysmom
10-06-2013, 10:42 AM

All of our resort reservations are linked, and we are all linked as "friends and family", but we had to book each Be Our Guest FP+ separately. There were no options, as far as I could tell, to have us booked altogether. When logging in it would only show the names in that one room, without the option to delete or add guests.

All of our times overlap so as long as we all show up together within everyone's window we should be able to go in together. For example our first time slot is to arrive between 10:55 - 11:25, our last time slot is to arrive between 11:10 - 11:40. We plan to arrive just after 11 and see if they let us all in, if we have to wait till the last rooms start time, 11:10, then we will wait and still be within the first rooms time slot. Does that make sense? Hope I didn't confuse you!

buzznwoodysmom
10-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Does this still count as counter service? Sounds too good to be true.

Yes, as of now it still counts as a counter service, and I haven't seen any talk about that changing.

Kenny1113
10-06-2013, 11:05 AM
All of our resort reservations are linked, and we are all linked as "friends and family", but we had to book each Be Our Guest FP+ separately. There were no options, as far as I could tell, to have us booked altogether. When logging in it would only show the names in that one room, without the option to delete or add guests.

All of our times overlap so as long as we all show up together within everyone's window we should be able to go in together. For example our first time slot is to arrive between 10:55 - 11:25, our last time slot is to arrive between 11:10 - 11:40. We plan to arrive just after 11 and see if they let us all in, if we have to wait till the last rooms start time, 11:10, then we will wait and still be within the first rooms time slot. Does that make sense? Hope I didn't confuse you!

Thanks!
Nope not confusing at all! :) this is what did as well. I hope they will let us sit with/near each other.

buzznwoodysmom
10-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks!
Nope not confusing at all! :) this is what did as well. I hope they will let us sit with/near each other.

I don't see why they wouldn't allow you to sit with each other. There are tons of tables! When we had lunch here in Feb. we were able to sit where ever we wanted. Not sure if that has changed. We ate around 11am and the main dining room was almost empty, so I can't imagine not being able to sit together.

revrep22
10-08-2013, 05:20 PM
For those of you having trouble putting in your resort reservation number try this. Go to your reservations page on MDE and hover your mouse around the online checkin link, but don't click. A small window should appear at the bottom of your screen. There is a 12 digit sequence of numbers after a series of other text. That number should start with a 4. That is the number you need to input. Hope this works for everyone. Good luck.

Thank you so much for your help and insight. I did as you directed and found my 12 number resort reservation. I entered it in the proper place and was able to secure my Fastpass+ reservation at BOG! I can hardly wait until Oct. 31!

buzznwoodysmom
10-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Thank you so much for your help and insight. I did as you directed and found my 12 number resort reservation. I entered it in the proper place and was able to secure my Fastpass+ reservation at BOG! I can hardly wait until Oct. 31!

Your welcome. So glad you were able to get it!

buzznwoodysmom
10-08-2013, 05:35 PM

Oh, and Welcome to Intercot!!!1:welcome:

Eric87
10-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Sent you a PM.

We will be done in 20 days. Would you mind sending me a pm as we'll?

MrPeetrie
10-13-2013, 10:58 AM
I am reading all these different posts with so many people eager to help others in an effort to enhance their vacation. That's what is so great about this forum. In all likelihood, we are all strangers to each other linked only by a screen name and a love for Disney. And yet, the amount of effort people are willing to extol to help other strangers is truly refreshing.

Well done, InterCotees!!!

(And enjoy your meal!)

buzznwoodysmom
10-13-2013, 02:10 PM
We will be done in 20 days. Would you mind sending me a pm as we'll?

If you read the first post on the 2nd page of this thread I posted the same info I sent in PMs. Good luck!

jnfr2424
10-14-2013, 09:07 AM
I am reading all these different posts with so many people eager to help others in an effort to enhance their vacation. That's what is so great about this forum. In all likelihood, we are all strangers to each other linked only by a screen name and a love for Disney. And yet, the amount of effort people are willing to extol to help other strangers is truly refreshing.

Well done, InterCotees!!!

(And enjoy your meal!)
This is what it's all about! I cannot express how grateful I am about the about wealth of information I have learned through the years thanks to these forums

And a Big THANK YOU for the BOG link just reserved for our first day arrival!!

MrPeetrie
10-14-2013, 02:26 PM
This is what it's all about! I cannot express how grateful I am about the about wealth of information I have learned through the years thanks to these forums

And a Big THANK YOU for the BOG link just reserved for our first day arrival!!

Because of discovering this web site, all my subsequent Disney trips have been enhanced because I learned something prior to arrival. I am so grateful to the InterCOT Community.