PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs - Yay or Nay?

tinkerbell97
09-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Hello there! I'm going back to Disney next June and my family and I are planning on staying at the Coronado Springs Resort. We've never stayed there before; we've only stayed at All-Star Movies, All-Star Music and the Swan together. How is Coronado Springs? Personally, I think the All-Star resorts were kinda cute. The rooms were decent. The Swan felt a little too stuffy for my liking. Definitely not a resort to bring young children. Any information you can give me would be helpful! Thanks :mickey:

Opus X
09-28-2013, 06:33 PM
It is a great resort (its a WDW resort so of course it will be great) I personally like Riverside the best..in alligator bayou.
But. CSR is really nice and a great pool.
Don't let the debbie downer people say its a big resort with long walks....it isn't and none of the walking is that big of a deal.
You will not regret staying there at all!:thumbsup:
But...kids will love the food court and pool!
If Riverside didn't exist....that's where we would stay.
Note...The bathroom only has one sink though.
Riverside has two.
NOT an issue for me, my wife thinks its an issue.......................

Melanie
09-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Have stayed there many times over the past few years. It's my favorite moderate resort by far. Great pool, beautiful grounds and landscaping, striking evening views as the sun sets, incredible pool area with an awesome slide, great and different food court in Pepper Market, and my favorite is the room decor. Love the dark browns and light blues. AND, I particularly love the sliding wood door that separates the bathroom vanity and the sleeping area in the rooms. Other mods only have a curtain.

Don't let the size deter you! It's a pleasure to walk around those beautiful grounds.

AgentC
09-28-2013, 07:37 PM
I have always enjoyed Coronado Springs. We've stayed there several times and will be staying again in a few weeks.

I am not sure how old your children are but Coronado has a great playground and an excellent themed pool.

It is a large resort but no larger than most of the other moderates. If your children are young , you may want to request the Cabana's section which is convenient to the main pool and the food court.

NJGIRL
09-28-2013, 07:40 PM
We stayed there last Oct and thought it was nice for a moderate. The room was actually a little bigger than I thought it would be. I thought the theming of the hotel was nice, not over done or cartoonish. The pool was really cool.

My suggestion would be not to pay more for a room closer to the main building/lobby. We did (Cabana section) and it still was too long to walk to unless you weren't in a hurry. We took the car over to the lobby when we needed to go.

The only thing I didn't care for was the fact that the room door opened to the outside (like a motel) instead of a hallway. Previously we have only stayed in deluxe so I don't know if all of the moderate hotels are like that.

AgentC
09-28-2013, 07:55 PM
The only thing I didn't care for was the fact that the room door opened to the outside (like a motel) instead of a hallway. Previously we have only stayed in deluxe so I don't know if all of the moderate hotels are like that.

Yes, all the moderates and values with the exception of the AOA suites open to the outside.

MrPeetrie
09-28-2013, 08:08 PM
It's a wonderful resort. It's picturesque, with a great pool complex, great dining option (Maya Grille), and my favorite food court of all the moderates -- the Pepper Market.

It's big, but smaller than Caribbean Beach. Lago Dorado (the lake), is gorgeous. And I think you can take a boat out on it. If you're in the Ranchos section (the farthest from the food court), it can be a long walk. But it's so pretty, it doesn't seem to matter.

If I had a detractor it would be that it also is a Convention Center site. This means many "people still at work" around to take you out of the Disney bubble.

Other than that, you can't go wrong.

AndrewJackson
09-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Stayed there once. Not my favorite. I much prefer POR.

finaldynasty
09-29-2013, 12:32 AM
Great place to stay!!! Love the pool! and like Pepper Market!!

LVT
09-29-2013, 08:56 AM
We enjoyed it. We usually stay at POP.
We were in Casistas. The bus was great.
The pools are nice.
The grounds are very lovely. I took a lot of photos of the area at different times of day.

Melanie
09-29-2013, 09:00 AM
The only time I've found the convention aspect to be a nuisance is in the evening hours around the outside bar area at El Centro. Otherwise, it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, the buses are less crowded for that very reason.

Another thing I love about Coronado Springs is that it has my very favorite hidden Mickey on property. So cool! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2013, 09:49 AM
We loved it. As a matter of fact, its been our favorite resort so far. I like how they have bus stops spread around the resort so its never a hike to catch a bus. We loved Pepper Market too!

Crow
09-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Ive stayed a few times and its my fav mod. last trip stayed in Casitas which was a better location than the ranchos. Im staying again in Dec. go for it

faline
09-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Another Coronado Springs fan here! I wasn't keen on staying at this resort but it exceeded my expectations and we've been back several times since!

Kenny1113
09-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Stayed here once, it is my least favorite of ALL WDW properties.
But you might want to take my opinion with a grain of salt, because I like Swan and didn't find it too stuffy. :)

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
09-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Another Yay vote here. We have stayed there a couple of times. It is really nice. Pepper Market is great. The breakfast and lunch are one price and all you can eat buffets. Nice pools and nice grounds. Because it is so large and spread out you can be housed in a location very far away from everything and could take a while to walk to main area and also as was stated before it is a convention center for numerous large convention groups and it can be very crowded at times. The rooms just underwent an upgrade a few years ago and they are very nice also.

Lindsey310
09-29-2013, 07:50 PM
It is a great resort (its a WDW resort so of course it will be great) I personally like Riverside the best..in alligator bayou.
But. CSR is really nice and a great pool.
Don't let the debbie downer people say its a big resort with long walks....it isn't and none of the walking is that big of a deal.
You will not regret staying there at all!:thumbsup:
But...kids will love the food court and pool!
If Riverside didn't exist....that's where we would stay.
Note...The bathroom only has one sink though.
Riverside has two.
NOT an issue for me, my wife thinks its an issue.......................

Agreed. But I would stay in the mansions section. It was recently updated in 2012 and the rooms are great. Love the food court and pool area. Walking around the resort is beautiful and we love the boat to DTD. My vote is for riverside. And I think it's cheaper. :thumbsup:

20 days!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

disneykidsince1970
09-30-2013, 07:37 AM
NAY.

I have stayed here for work a few times and so, I just associate it with work and not enough with fun and holiday.

Someone mentioned that there you will see people working and so, it does jolt you outside of the Disney bubble and I would agree with that.

For this reason, I would request a room as close to the main building as possible - not b/c of the walk but to maintain the holiday feel vs. seeing people in business attire with laptops.

That said, my sister loves it...even though she has stayed there WITH me while I am working... she raves about the door to the vanity area as others have. I don't even remember the door.

whatever you decide....HAVE FUN!! :)

Angelgirl65
09-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Definitely a YAY!! We love CSR, its our favorite resort.

wildernesslady
09-30-2013, 10:00 AM
I've stayed there twice and have enjoyed it. I agree with Mel on the bus situation. They never seemed to crowded. We also enjoy the Pepper Market.

debbymc4
09-30-2013, 07:49 PM
We stayed there this weekend. It was fine. It was probably the least "Disney" resort I've experienced so far. The values have great Disney theming and the other moderates have great theming appropriate to their genre. This one not so much. It really felt a lot more like a typical Florida condo. But, again, it was fine. Nothing negative per se.

brownie
09-30-2013, 10:34 PM
We're considering staying here for our anniversary trip next year. We've never stayed at Coronado Springs before but it's been mostly good things I've seen about it.