PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Rewards

Lily
09-28-2013, 06:56 AM
Can I pay for dining with Disney Visa rewards?

Dulcee
09-28-2013, 08:21 AM
Sure can!

Lily
09-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Fantastic! Thank you!

minnie-mouse
09-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Yes we always do that and it works just fine!

Lily
09-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Yay! I've got a rewards card on it's way to me with $300 on it. Those points have been accumulating for the past 3 1/2 years. That should help significantly for our November trip!

GAN
09-28-2013, 11:38 AM
As long as you pay the card off every month(and love going to Disney) it makes a lot of sense to have the card. Most trips it will pay for our food and extras -we own DVC so the room is paid for which leaves us just air fare and tickets.

NJGIRL
09-28-2013, 08:07 PM
We have used it for dining but I prefer to use it for park tickets. Our ticket this year for the four of us were free!

disneynarula
09-30-2013, 11:06 AM
You can use anyplace that takes a credit card. We always charge everything to our room and then pay if off with the Disney Rewards points.

I am always afraid we are going to lose the rewards cards so we lock them up in our room safe.

Lily
09-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Great input! Thank you!

mejsimon
10-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Last visit we bought a couple cool Lego sets at Downtown Disney and since we are Lego club members we got free shipping at the time which means NO additonal luggage! We also ate at downtown Disney resteraunts. :mickey:

Pirate Granny
10-26-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm almost, but not quite, embarrassed to say, after 2-1/2 years we're at 2,450 visa dollars...will get cards in $500 increments for our ten person 14 night trip this summer...it did help that I was able to pay a huge attorney's bill with this card :blush:

PopPhan
10-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Yay! I've got a rewards card on it's way to me with $300 on it. Those points have been accumulating for the past 3 1/2 years. That should help significantly for our November trip!

I'm doing the exact same thing...Going to charge everything to the room and use my DVR money to pay towards the final bill the night before I check out.

Keneva
10-31-2013, 10:06 PM
We took our Visa card to Services to get the reward dollars redeemed onto a separate card but then we were free to spend them as we liked. There are several Services locations at WDW. We redeemed ours at the MK main gate Services location. There are probably other ways to redeem the rewards dollars but that's how we did it. Just call the # on the back of the card and they will tell you the best way to redeem them.:geek2:

sorarail
11-07-2013, 08:33 AM
We bank our Disney Rewards dollars for 5 years. Just redeemed and we are heading down this Saturday with 1030 Disney dollars. We put all our charges on the room and at check out, pay the room charges with the Disney Rewards card. We'll be dining like royalty!:thumbsup:

Keneva
11-07-2013, 08:54 PM
We bank our Disney Rewards dollars for 5 years. Just redeemed and we are heading down this Saturday with 1030 Disney dollars. We put all our charges on the room and at check out, pay the room charges with the Disney Rewards card. We'll be dining like royalty!:thumbsup:

Wow...That's a lot of Disney Dollars!

GoldenAurora
11-07-2013, 09:40 PM

I do the same thing with my card in banking the Rewards dollars for several years. I'm anticipating a particularly nice payoff the next time I redeem my Disney money though, as I'm in the midst of wedding planning and am paying for every possible wedding expense with my Disney Visa! Like GAN said, as long as you pay it off, it sure is worth it!

VWL Mom
11-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Just a word of caution for anyone considering banking your reward. They do expire, be sure to check the bottom of your statement for the expiration date.

I have the premier card and mostly use my reward dollars for airline ticket credits. Since i put my sons tuition on the card I was able to get 3 free tickets this year. :mickey:

I just opened this month's statement and it had a $50 bonus credit, does anyone know what this is for?