PDA

View Full Version : Express Pass - summertime - will it help?

Gregandmel
09-27-2013, 02:41 PM
We have never been to Universal and are thinking of trying it out next summer. We are limited to the last week of June 2014 (overlapping July 4th which is on a Friday).

We are going to stay on Property and since we are spoiled with having gone to Disney in October & April (cooler weather and lower crowds) will the Express Pass be a lifesaver for us as far as going to the front of the line? I am worried about the relentless Florida heat and potentially large crowds (due to the timing of our trip) but will this help offset it to a noticeable degree?

Thanks for any information!!

buzznwoodysmom
09-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Absolutely! You will love Express Pass. Our last two trips to Universal have been as an onsite guest and the Express Pass made all the difference in the world. Universal's version works way better than Disney's FastPass, simply because there are far fewer people using it. It truly felt like "skipping" the line, unlike Disney's fastpass.

We will spend one day at Universal Thanksgiving week and I know it will be tough because we aren't staying onsite at Universal and won't have Express Pass. We've been spoiled over the past few years. :blush:

Gregandmel
09-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Thank you so much for responding! My husband now teaches at a year round college so we are very limited with his 4 break weeks per year. None of them are very ideal and he has told me that finding a replacement to teach his class because "weather and crowds are better for Disney vacations" is not on the list of acceptable reasons. Ha ha. So - for all of us to be out of school and his break week = we are limited to the heart and heat of the summertime. I swore when we went mid June in 1997 that we would NEVER go in the summertime again (and haven't) but guess we will give it a whirl and hope the Express Pass will help make the most of our upcoming trip. Thanks again!

MizMissy
09-29-2013, 05:12 PM
I second Denise - Express Pass is wonderful and a must! It really is the only way I would consider touring the parks. However, you might want to plan early, the second phase of Harry Potter is scheduled to open Summer 2014 (I am assuming June, but do not know if dates have been released yet) and I expect the parks to be extra crowded next summer ... so if you are wanting to go, you need to book your hotel early!

Kenny1113
09-29-2013, 05:34 PM
:ditto:
We went several years ago during summer and stayed on site. It wasVERY HOT, we were thankful for being able to skip the lines and go straight into the AC.

Gregandmel
09-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Oh wow.,,,thanks for the heads up that the new section might be running next Spring!! We had originally planned on vacationing in Estes Park, CO but decided we'll let all the roads be repaired so went with our next bucket list - Universal. Didn't realize the new part might be open when we visit so THANKS......will need to reserve our rooms in the next 30 days