PDA

View Full Version : Dined all over the "World" but...need help.

GoBlueLacheta
09-27-2013, 02:24 PM
We are utilizing the Dining Plan for the first time and dining a lot more than we normally would (that's the point for DW right ha)..

I could probably dig the archives and find reviews on these places, but it may be easier to ask and get an update fresh perspective.

We have the following ADR's to places we have never experienced and would love any thoughts anyone would care to give.

Thanks so much !

Breakfast ~

Kona Cafe'
Boma
Whispering Canyon Cafe

We have dined at Boma and WCC at dinner but we're interested if the atmosphere, noise, food are similar etc.

Lunch ~

Saana
San Angel Inn

Dinner ~
Be Our Guest
Narcoossee's

:mickey:

k10
09-27-2013, 02:44 PM
I can chime in on Narcoossee's. Just ate there in January. DH & I loved it. We used the Dining Plan, as well, and got an amazing value. I highly recommend any dish that is the Land/Sea combo. Dh got the filet and lobster and it was insane.

I got a crazy good pasta dish that contained pumpkin ravioli. Our desserts were great, as well. Elaborate!!! I think it's a good choice for your dining plan value.

tundramom
09-27-2013, 04:41 PM
We had dinner at BOG in May. Loved the main dining room, felt like you were in the movie. The entire "castle" is well done. We also walked to the library for the brief show, I am glad we weren't seated in there (would be good for someone who likes darker, more private atmosphere I guess, but lots of walk through traffic). I had the ratatouille which was amazing, my DH and daughter's friend had the grilled steak, it was "OK'', my DD had the pork rack chop which was bloody (think prime rib in pork form), she was less than enthusiastic (she's an adventurous eater) and was quite disappointed in the au gratin macaroni as well. The cupcakes for dessert were presented nicely, but felt a little cheap for a TS meal (better ones at Starring Rolls for CS credit). Unfortunately, we were seated along the wall at the kitchen side and felt that the atmosphere was tainted by the kitchen noises, constant shuffling of serving carts nearby, and also close set tables. I would go again, and would like to see it set up at CS time also (you cannot see room with "music box" at dinner time. My DH would pass on future TS. I am a little more lenient and would try again. Everyone should try it at least once.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Based on food and service alone/no character interaction I would say Kona was the best breakfast we've ever had at Disney. I have friends that were there last month, they ate breakfast at Kona three times its just that good. Its been years since we ate at San Angel but we were underwhelmed. It wasn't bad, just nothing special although the atmosphere is pretty cool.

haven't eaten at any of the others for those particular meals.

NJGIRL
09-28-2013, 08:24 PM
We have eaten breakfast at BOMA a few times and it has been good. IMO it is the usual Disney breakfast buffet. There may have been a few exclusive dishes but I don't remember what they were.

Also have been to San Angel a few times for lunch. We love the atmosphere and we think the food is good. We have never had a bad meal there.

amorillo
09-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Based on food and service alone/no character interaction I would say Kona was the best breakfast we've ever had at Disney. I have friends that were there last month, they ate breakfast at Kona three times its just that good.

I have to agree here! My DH and I tried Kona for breakfast for the first time, on our last trip to WDW.... and the food was excellent! I had the tonga toast :cloud9: and DH had the steak and eggs. Both meals were yummy! We liked it so much.... we're having breakfast there twice on our next trip!!

The only other place we had tried on your list is San Angel... and that was just so-so. Glad we tried it, but not in a rush to get back there. (and DH is a huge mexican food fan).

Dinner BOG and Narcoossee's are both are both on our list for our next trip.....

disneynarula
09-30-2013, 11:08 AM
We love Saana. We always eat lunch there on our Animal Kingdom Day. It's one of our favorite places. You won't regret it!