PDA

View Full Version : Miniature Golf

Susan A
09-27-2013, 11:08 AM
I wasn't planning on playing miniature golf during our stay, but since we got some coupons I'm now considering it.

Tell me which location you went to and was it worth it? Do you prefer one place/theme over another?
From the little I read, I understand that each location has two courses to choose from, easier and more challenging?

My kids are 7 and 5. They have played Putt-Putt (as we call it here) a few times in Ocean City.
Thanks!
:golf:

twinboyz
09-27-2013, 11:35 AM
We choose Fantasia Gardens. It's very fun with a lot of interactions for the kids and adults. There are two courses here but choose the one with the characters. The other is themed more like a regular golf course. Whichever you pick.. Have fun!!! It's always a good time.:thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
09-27-2013, 12:07 PM
We call it putt-putt here too!

I'm trying to talk my family into going on our December trip; never played at WDW! :secret:

hoop de do
09-27-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm sure you and especially the kids will have a ball. :golf: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-28-2013, 09:46 AM
We've played both sides of the Wintersummerland course.

We've vote, hands-down, everytime for the Winter side of the course. Not too hard, lots of silly things that happen and DD and I had a blast playing it.

chefmickey3
09-28-2013, 10:08 PM
We really enjoyed Fantasia Gardens this past summer. We love mini golf and had never played in Disney. We did the easier course because our kids are school age. What a blast! It is one of our top memories from vacation. If you haven't done it, I would recommend it!

March Hare
09-29-2013, 08:11 AM
Just an FYI for everyone. If you have the "Waterparks and More" option mini golf is included if you go before 4pm as one of your credits. We were there in August and used this option. I was happy to have the extra ability of something to do because we go for 12-14 days.So we always need something to do on our off park days. So now you can use your credits for the water parks, DisneyQuest, or mini golf(before 4pm).

Christine
09-29-2013, 08:13 AM
The challenging side of Fantasia Gardens is really tough!! My DH gets so frustrated! :)

For a family with kids, I would recommend winter/summer. We prefer the summer side- I love the steel drum background Christmas music :)

AgentC
09-29-2013, 07:34 PM
My kids are the same age as your kids. They really love the theme of WinterSummerland.

We've played both sides. I like Winter a little better but both are really cute.

eeyoremom
10-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Is parking free at mini golf?

LVT
10-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Parking is free. During the Day it's usually more than enough space. I do not know if events are ever hosted there.

Main Street Jim
10-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Is parking free at mini golf?Yes :)

Winter Summerland is right next to Blizzard Beach, but the parking lot for the mini-golf is *very* small (only holds about 15 vehicles, I believe).

Parking at Fantasia, there is *much* more room; it's right across from the Swolphin.

Melanie
10-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Yes :)

Winter Summerland is right next to Blizzard Beach, but the parking lot for the mini-golf is *very* small (only holds about 15 vehicles, I believe).

Parking at Fantasia, there is *much* more room; it's right across from the Swolphin.

Parking for Winter Summerland is the same lot as Blizzard Beach. PLENTY of spaces.

kakn7294
10-21-2013, 12:44 AM
We played the winter side of Wintersummerland. It was really cute and a fun way to spend an evening. If you are going in the evening, bring bug spray!!!

Middle of the Map
10-31-2013, 10:28 PM
We played the Winter/Summerland Courses and had a blast. It's so whimsical you have to smile even though your score is terrible.

Go at night for extra fun :D

*NikkiJ*
11-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Are there shuttle buses to the golf courses? I was just about to ask a question about mini golf but then I came across this post.

We too are going because we got the "free" passes too. We will make this and our "free" 15 dollar food voucher for Planet Hollywood on our last day before we make the drive back home.

Main Street Jim
11-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Are there shuttle buses to the golf courses? I was just about to ask a question about mini golf but then I came across this post.

We too are going because we got the "free" passes too. We will make this and our "free" 15 dollar food voucher for Planet Hollywood on our last day before we make the drive back home.Not directly *to* the courses. Use the Blizzard Beach bus for Winter Summerland; use the Swan/Dolphin buses for Fantasia and walk across the street :)