PDA

View Full Version : 8th Trip in the Can - 2nd (and Last) Day Pt 2

k10
09-27-2013, 10:24 AM
5pm - Epcot!!! Walking in, Epcot rubbed it in that the F&W Fest is starting this week. Just in time for me to leave. Ugh...

DH & I arrived first. So I was forced to go on Captain EO. For the first time. I fought it. I didn't want to. But DH was adamant. So I figured, to have and to hold and all that stuff. Might as well.

Right away, I was disapointed b/c I was walking into a building that used to be Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Depressing. Then, it started. Oh, the 80s-ness. Oh, the Lucas-ness. Oh, the MJ-ness. I couldn't. I just couldn't take it. I LOL'd, I covered my eyes in disbelief. It was too much. Too much 80s-ness. Oh the humanity. Dh promised I never have to do it again.

My reward? Fish & Chips in the UK and a Bass. Thank you! We sat on the street, close enough to Canada to hear the band, close enough to Alice to hear her witticisms in the cutest English accent.

Our friends would be arriving shortly, by foot, in the entrance by France. So we Grey Goose slushed ourselves while waiting with a nice view of the water and Aurora. And when our friends arrived, the madness began!

Drinks! More in France. Champagne, Citrons, Grand Marnier Slushes. So much fun. Many hugs, too. Then onto Japan where we got Tokyo Sunsets, Kirins and Frozen Kirins. Next into Italy. Ah! Rose Regale and Limoncellos. The men got beers in Germany.

All of the above walking/consuming took about an hour. We had many talks and adventures finding hidden Mickeys.

Finally, we landed in Mexico to have dinner at La Hacienda. Oh my goodness. 1st of all, we were seated at a table by the windows so we could see Illuminations. DH had never seen it, in all our trips together. Then we feasted on crazy good food, including a Short Rib dish that made my head explode in happiness.

After dinner, the countries and beverages tour continued with Tequila Flights, UK beers and attempts to obtain more Grey Goose slushes. Finally, when there were no more to pour, we bid Epcot adieu.

And went back to CBR.

And pouted.

And fell asleep.

Next thing I knew, I was back to reality, commuting into work, cursing people who don't use their blinkers.

My friends are at MK today. Darn.

DisneyDINK
09-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Sounds like an evening to remember, or at least try to remember...

Sounds like you all had a great time. You were really there for just 2 days?! Did I get that right? I could go for some more trip report here. Go back again soon would ya. :mickey:

faline
09-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Quick, but very fun trip! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

k10
09-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Sounds like you all had a great time. You were really there for just 2 days?! Did I get that right? I could go for some more trip report here. Go back again soon would ya. :mickey:

Ah yes, I'll clarify and add a bit more info:

Our trip truly only gave us 2 full days in the park. We arrived late Monday evening, full days Tues & Weds and leave wicked early Thursday. The reason we did this trip is b/c JetBlue opened up at Providence airport (really close to us Bostonians and the easiest airport ever.). Flights STARTED at $20 as a promo. So we found the best flights that worked for us that would get us to Disney to meet our friends, who would be there for a full week. So that's what we ended up with. Flights were sinfully cheap. We got free dining. The hotel was our splurge. Totally worth it for a 2 day adventure. And this was my 3rd trip of 2013. DH's 2nd. So we had no complaints, deep down.

Oh, and I'll be back in 2014 for 5 days. And already planning a F & W fest for either 2014 or 2015. #disneyproblems

DisneyDINK
09-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Makes total sense now.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Sounds great! Thanks for reporting

Ms. Mode
09-27-2013, 12:19 PM
WOW! Why can I never get a deal like that on a flight? :confused:

DonaldDuckUSA
10-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Captain EO was a bizarre experience! You're so right. All the 80s! ALL THE 80S! The film starts with fuzzball animals, then we see an actually frightening spider lady (played by Angelica Houston?) AND THEN A DANCE NUMBER! Who put all that together? Oh yeah, George Lucas was involved. ;-)

We did it just to do it. We probably won't do it again.

Sorry you had to go back to a normal work routine. Just look forward to the next trip!