PDA

View Full Version : Irish Scots Twins Trip Sept 2013 - Day 7

Dragongirlx
09-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Cast
Dragongirlx (Ruth)
Jeniflower
we are two twin sisters who grew up in Northern Ireland but now live in Scotland

Trip takes place from 31st August to the 11 September

Today we were heading back to Hollywood studios as there were a few things we hadn’t done and we had lunch reservations at Mamma Melrose’s. Got there for opening and headed for toy story mania and got beaten by Jeniflower again. I always beat her on buzz lightyear so its only fair. Headed to tower of terror to ride a few times and the rock and roller coaster. This had a 40 min wait so we got fast passes however by the time we got the fast passes and turned around the time had changed to 10mins so we went on in. I love this ride and had a great time. We bought a couple of Mickey Pretzels for breakfast and then headed to Star Tours. I got to be the rebel spy which was very cool.
We did a bit before lunch but finished with the muppets before heading to Mamma Melrose for lunch. It was quite quiet so we were seated quickly. I had the strip steak and Jeniflower the chicken all parmigiana. My steak was beautiful and the shallot butter and macaroni were the perfect accompaniment. Jeniflower said her chicken was ok but nothing special. For dessert I had chocolate gelato and Jeniflower had the chocolate cannolli cake. Jeni loved the cake but I didn’t enjoy my icecream. Our server was ok but kept disappearing for long periods (like when we wanted the cheque). After lunch we headed to Beauty and the Beast as I wanted to see this once before we went. All the cast was great but the man playing Gaston was truly brilliant, was completely hamming it up and playing to the audience – made the show extra special.
After the show we rode some more rides and wnet to the animation academy again (twice) drew Mike W from Monsters inc and Woody. After that we decided to go to Magic Kingdom for the evening.
It was pretty hot again when we got there so we headed to Splash Mountain. Got all the way up the stairs and the line came to a dead stop. A lot of people were coming on with fastpasses and the cast members would stop the line each time to let those people through. This meant the 20 minute wait time was more like 40 but to be honest I didn’t mind because it’s a nice line just to walk slowly through. The ride was fun and there was a nice family in our log who were helping their youngest not be scared by talking him through the ride, they pointed out a few things I hadn’t noticed before and it was like being on a splash mountain ride. His older brother who was about 13 I think included us in the talk which was lovely. The little brother had a really good time as a result as did the rest of us. We did all get soaked as the water level was quite high but it was fun.
After that we walked round the park and rode quite a bit until we got hungry around 8pm. Decided to go back to cosmic rays, after a bit of a wait (people who didn’t decide what they wanted till
it was their turn to be served) we got our burgers and sat down to listen to Sonny Eclipse. The burgers were a little more well done than I usually like but ok.
We decided to head out but that proved a little difficult. The main street electrical parade was on but finishing up so the pavements were mobbed. Cast Members were valiantly try to keep walk ways clear for those who were leaving but it was hard. We had been going to try and do some more shopping but instead decided that would be enough so we fought our way out and went to get the boat. While waiting I had a very nice conversation with a small boy about how cool the magic kingdom was. Then it was back on the boat and back to the lodge. On the way back in we saw a little bit more wildlife – a small frog was on the decking where the rocking chairs are. It hopped off but was cool to see. I really like frogs so it was cool to see one. We only had two days left in the parks so it was off to bed to make sure we had enough energy for tomorrow.:kermit::frog:

faline
09-27-2013, 10:47 AM
I like your touring style and am enjoying your reports so am sorry to know that you are getting towards the end of your trip!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Sounds like a wonderful day

DonaldDuckUSA
10-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Got all the way up the stairs and the line came to a dead stop. A lot of people were coming on with fastpasses and the cast members would stop the line each time to let those people through. This meant the 20 minute wait time was more like 40 but to be honest I didn’t mind because it’s a nice line just to walk slowly through.

I love having a positive attitude about those kinds of things. :-) Good for you.

Dragongirlx
10-02-2013, 03:50 AM
I love having a positive attitude about those kinds of things. :-) Good for you.

Back home I would be really grumpy about this but I am so relaxed at Disney World I rarely get upset about these things

yjgirl32
10-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Great report. Thanks for sharing.