PDA

View Full Version : I DINK Alone! – Day 2 Pt. 2 – Whole Lotta MK - Evening

DisneyDINK
09-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Now it is about 12:45 and it is time for some more down time. I boat it back to the WL and crash in the room to watch the Patriots cream the Bucs. I also had some time to watch the cartoon loop. Now, the cartoon loop is a shadow of what it once was. The channel is labeled “Duffy” and it is next to those convention channels with the spinning D. It shows cartoons, but they are all “Short Versions” which is kinda’ lame. Are you telling me kids and parents are so ADD that they can’t watch a full 7 minute cartoon. I think those things are little pieces of art. I have seen most of them so I know what I’m missing. If you cut these things down to 3-4 minutes the plots are just hosed. You get about 3 or 4 of these hatchet jobs and then they pimp Duffy – The Disney Bear – Mickey’s new friend. (Hi, I’m Bob Iger. We have thousands of these nondescript unappealing souvenir bears that aren’t backed up by cartoons, movies or rides in the parks just sitting in a warehouse gathering dust. Please, for the sake of my stock options and the shareholders… and my stock options, convince yourselves and your kids that these things are cool and begin purchasing them en mass post haste! Granny would love one too, trust me. PWEASE!!! (No he doesn’t come on the TV and say this, but the subtext is obvious, ain’t it?)) Then I get in a nice 1 hour nap. Again, I set a smartphone alarm which, AGAIN, didn’t go off, but I didn’t need it anyway, AGAIN?! :flog:

Dinner tonight is at the Territory Lounge. It worked out fine, but they have a very limited menu. I was hoping they would have some selections from Artist’s Point next door, but it was more bar food, scratch that, it was strange but good bar food. On the menu they have buffalo chili nacho with an apple salsa. I live in the Pacific Northwest and in all of my travels through Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, British Columbia and Wyoming I have never seen a foodstuff remotely resembling this offering. I didn’t have it, but it actually looked and smelled really good. I had the clam chowder which was REALLY good: big clams, great base and wonderful smell, served with sourdough pieces. Still hungry and needlessly wanting justification for another Dewar’s, I also ordered their Asian chicken app, small but very tasty. I hung out for a while, watched my Seahawks get an early lead on the hapless Jags and chatted with the servers and another CM who used to work there who came by to see her old coworkers. One was from Dertiot so we talked about the white/black/anybody with a pulse flight. Nice peeps!

Not too full and feelin’ good I cruised Bay Lake and the 7 Seas Lagoon to return to the Magic Kingdom. I got into the park and took a walk up the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. It has been a long time. It seemed to me the last time I did it they had some Tarzan theming and music, but it could just be my Disneyland and Walt Disney World memories bleeding into one another. Anyhow, I know one of you out there will cite the proper Disney history chapter and verse and correct me if indeed I erred. (I do sound a bit snotty there, don’t I, but seriously, please, was the Tarzan treatment just at DL or did they have it at the MK and abandon it ala New Management/Tropical Serenade, just without the fire.)

Next was PotC and then The Country Bear Jamboree. Nostalgia + good air conditioning on a hot and humid day = happy DINK! Along those same lines I went to the Hall of Presidents, but the next show was 20 minutes away, so I went and got a FP to do UTS again (no more FPs for Peter Pan) and then went back and immersed myself in some Americana narrated by Morgan Freeman. I then went and used the Under the Sea FP which, of course, saved me NO time since the standby line was walk on anyhow. They gave me one of the wait time cards with the lanyard just to prove this fact to Mickey’s statisticians. Again a bit of a maintenance issue on UTS, Scuttle right at the beginning of the ride sat there motionless, but everything else seemed to be working fine. Next I considered doing Dumbo, but doing Dumbo by myself would be really kind of odd and creepy right? So I skipped it. I went and got a SM FP and then rode Carousel of Progress. OK, my two favorite CoP quotes:

John – “Uh oh! And I’ve blown the whole neighborhood again!” (which I got to experience 2 times! The theater didn’t turn, so there we all were, déjà vu’ing it)

John – “I always say, if you are going to be married, marry a girl with a sense of humor!”

After CoP slightly painfully walked (those Band-Aids only last so long) over to the Ice Cream Parlor and took in Wishes. I love fireworks! I would have loved to see the Haloween parade and fireworks, but alas, no MNSSHP nights during my trip . After Wishes I took a mercifully short walk to the Laugh Floor. The Monsters U updates made it a bit more fun. My favorite audience joke: “What do you call a noodle pretending to be someone else? An impasta!” Slightly amusing: “How do you get a tissue to dance? You put a little boogie in it.”

Another digression: We’ve all seen those families and groups who make tee-shirts for their trip, you know: “Grandma’s 80th Birthday Soiree!: An Octogenarian Occasion”, “Moishe’s Bar Mitzvah Bash: l’chaim!” or “Uncle Bill’s Parole Party! (and if anyone asks, he never left the state!)”. I should have made one for my solo trip: “I DINK Alone: 2013 – A celebration of Hedonism and Age Inappropriate Behavior”. Oh well, hindsight…

After the Monsters Inc. thingy I went and watched the Main Street Electrical Parade. How many kids out there would have any idea who Pete and Elliott are if it weren’t for the parade; kinda’ the tail wagging the dog there.

Did Stitch next. I have to disagree with a lot of the posts on Intercot about this one. There seems to be a consensus view that this attraction is one of the bigger wastes of space in the parks. It isn’t superb, but I don’t think it stinks. I guess the concept is just alien to many of you. Get it! Alien!!

Next was SM with the FP I got earlier. Then the Peoplemover, kinda’ dumb to do the ride that previews all of the Tomorrowland attractions after you’ve done most of them, but… Next I went to Philharmagic, always enjoy this one.

As my mom would say, “You’ve had enough fun for one day!” so did like I used to when I was a kid. I ignored her and went and had me some more fun in the form of, you guessed it, a Dole Whip. Those wedding anniversary gift lists, traditional or modern, are so lame. Seriously, the 7th year is Wool/Copper or a desk set? What would quench that 7 year itch better than the Dole Whip anniversary? Come on people, can we make this happen?

OK, another action packed day. Time for my boat back to the WL and some serious slumber. Tomorrow holds some new experiences.

Link to I DINK Alone! – Day 3 Pt. 1 – Island Time (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=2378269#post2378269)

:goofy2:

SBETigg
09-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Yeah, Patriots! I could be wrong, but I think the Tarzan was just at DL. WDW has always been strictly Swiss Family Robinson, to my knowledge, but again I could be wrong. I believe there was Tarzan talk floating around at one point that never came to be.

You need a custom shirt! Next time.

faline
09-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Yes - the Tarzan makeover for Swiss Family Robinson treehouse was strictly at Disneyland and never at Disney World.

You are having so much fun - I'm really enjoying "following" you around the parks!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Whew, you get a lot done in a day. Thanks for the report

DisneyorBust
09-27-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm disappointed in your slow pace and inability to get an appropriate amount of attractions in! ;)
I really am living vicariously thru these reports! Looking forward to your next installment.