PDA

View Full Version : I DINK Alone! – Day 4 Pt. 1 -– Last Gasp and Headin’ Home

DisneyDINK
09-26-2013, 03:33 PM
AGAIN, I woke up a few minutes before the wake-up call, but, this time WONEDR of WONDERS, IT WORKED!!!!! Mike Wazowski told me to wake up and have myself some sort of magical day! Third time’s the charm I guess.

Aah, the WL bathrooms! I’m singin’…

“Drip, drip, drop
Little April shower
Beating a tune as you fall all around

And look, Chip and Dale!

“I sure took care of him, and was his face red.” Why did they always say that?!

Oh, and “Look! Our nuts!” (couldn’t resist :D)

Again, I’m in a good mood!

I ate the last breakfast in my room and I packed my now empty feed bag up with some Tupperware and a couple of leftover granola bars and ¼ of a bag of Buffalo flavored pretzels. I loaded up the two bags and packed a plastic bag of clothes for the flight home with a half empty Disney shampoo. I left my last Mousekeeping gratuity and I went to the airline desk at the front. I checked the two bags. (Free: Alaska status, woohoo!) and then I walked to Sturdy Branches. I put the clothes bag and my carry on in a locker and headed for a bus.

In the elevator on the way to the lobby a little girl 3 or 4 maybe asked me “Are you going too?” I replied “We are all in the same elevator car. I can’t very well be going up while you are going down silly.” As I exited she said “Mister, are you kwazy?” I just giggled, smiled at the parents and headed for the lobby.

Originally I thought I might skip AK altogether and just save it for upcoming trips. I was kind of hoping to spend some time at the pool today, but, again, it was raining, so I thought I’d start at AK today. The wipers on the bus were going ‘swish, swish, swish’ and the weather report called for a 70% chance of rain and a flood warning was in effect for the area so I set my expectations low for the day.

I got there right at 9:00am and ahead of me all the way to the Tree of Life was a sea of ponchos, but the rain had nearly stopped. First I headed to the Kilimanjaro Safaris and I walked right on. The rain was keeping people out in numbers. Our tour was treated to the best view ever of the lions. The lion and lioness were atop the high in the middle of their habitat with another lioness on a rock below. It was just cool and I got a pretty good shot of it, but the lion was partially blocked by a tree branch. I got off the ride and the rain had stopped! Entirely!!

Text: “Just got off of camaro safari he's and am headed over to expedition everest.”

At EE I grabbed a FP for later and I rode it twice. On the second go-round I sat with a 50 or 60-somethnig who was flying solo too! He talked about how there are cooling stations in the Savannahs for the animals to keep them close to the tourists. We rode, waived our arms and saw the broken yeti together.

The skies were cloudy, but it was still dry, so I hit the Primeval Whirl followed by Dinosaur featuring Hodgins and Mrs. Huxtable. It was now 10:30am so I went back and used my FP on EE to kill time before the 11:00am Nemo musical. I had great seats right behind the middle isle just off center; another perk of going solo, you can always find one good seat at most shows.

After Nemo I headed over to Discovery Island (No, not the defunct one in Bay Lake, the new one at AK) and checked out the trail and some birds. I came upon a family of 3 at the Galapagos Tortoise. Dad: “Look son, the Giant Galapagos Tortoise.” She son, maybe 5 or 6 peers over the wall, sees the big ‘ol thing and utters “Holy ****!” (Again, I typed the ****) Dad then tells mom: “Did you hear what our son said? He just said the s-word!” while I just barely managed to not laugh out at a high volume. Smiling and chuckling I went around to It’s Tough to Be a Bug. The show had a good crowd and I sat in the second row and had a great time both watching the show and hearing the kids around me giggle and squirm as they were prodded and sprayed.

Well, that’ll probably do it for AK today, I thought. I moseyed over to the bus to the Transportation and Ticket center and caught one in about 10 minutes. It was 12:30.

At the TTC the monorails were temporarily down, so I took the Richard F. Irvine over to the MK, kind of a nice change of pace. Then I walked over experience a big honking hot dog at Casey’s. The Slaw Dog I had last time was good, but I wanted to try the Chili Dog. “The perfect pre-flight meal!” I impishly thought. I added some onions and jalapenos, and, of course, just a bit of extra cheese. Nothing exceeds like excess I always say! It was really good and a great value. That’d hold me until dinner for sure.

It was 1:30pm and I figured I’d have time for just a couple more rides before I made my ME bus at 4:00pm. I did Buzz Lightyear and scored 86,500 and then rode the Astro Orbiter; I hadn’t ever done this one unless you count my ride on the Rocket Jets at DL some 25 or so years earlier. I figure I should do at least one spinner and this one was the most “adult” and has a great view of the park. I pulled back on the joystick and just took it all in. Then I went over to Aloha Isle for one last Dole Whip, but, alas, the line was looking pretty long so I settled for one last voyage on POTC.

I slowly strolled down Main Street and out of the park taking a lot of pictures as I went including selfies with the bronze Goofy by the Walt and Mickey center statue and another with the cigar store “Indian”. I walked out to the boat launch and immediately boarded for the WL.

Wow! I’ve exceeded the 10,000 characters allowed on a post! I’ll have to break this one up.

I DINK Alone! – Day 4 Pt. 2 -– Last Gasp and Headin’ Home (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=2378263#post2378263)

SBETigg
09-26-2013, 05:28 PM
You were really able to get a lot done going solo. It's lovely to be able to go at your own pace and really observe the people around you. Glad you were having fun!

faline
09-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Hate that last walk out of a park on the last day of a trip. Still, you did quite a lot for a short day!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Hmmm....last time we tried Casey's we weren't impressed. May have to give it another try. Thanks for the reports

DisneyorBust
09-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Your solo trip sounds like it's been a lot of fun. Big advantage is being able to do as much or as little as you want, when you want. Thanks again.