PDA

View Full Version : Irish Scots Twins Trip Sept 2013 - Day 5

Dragongirlx
09-26-2013, 11:03 AM
Cast
Dragongirlx (Ruth)
Jeniflower
we are two twin sisters who grew up in Northern Ireland but now live in Scotland

Trip takes place from 31st August to the 11 September

Today we were heading back to EPCOT. Today and tomorrow the night of joy was on so we wanted to avoid the magic kingdom, plus we had lunch reservations at the Rose and Crown. Also we do love EPCOT so we tend to spend more time there than any other park. Waited till the requisite number of Animal Kingdom buses went past and then we were on our way. The bus was busy but not packed but we were sat next to a family talking about the monorail. The mother stated that the big track running along side was the monorail track but they didn’t have them anymore since there was a crash. She kept insisting this until the monorail zoomed by, at which point she said that only the Magic Kingdom monorail was running and it didn’t go anywhere else. We were near EPCOT at this time so, being the evil twin, I turned to Jeniflower and announced loudly look Jeniflower it’s the EPCOT monorail. I got a nasty look but we had arrived by this point so Jeniflower hurried me off the bus.
We headed straight to test track but it was down so we went over to Soarin. Got to ride quite quickly, unfortunately for Jeniflower she was next to a family who felt the need to talk and gesture and point through the entire ride. Not quietly either. She was a little grumpy when we got off, however once I fed her a sticky pastry and took her on living with the land she was better. We also watched the Circle of Life. Now I recycle, make ethical food choices and try to conserve energy and water but I came away from this feeling like it wasn’t enough. This was quite a guilt enducing film, I think that’s why I haven’t watched it since our first trip in 2004.
We spent fun morning and then it was nearly time for lunch. We lurked in the UK pavilion for a while before we checked it and saw a funny site. A family was sitting eating fish and chips in the little garden by the rose and crown. Slowly a squirrel crept up behind one lady . The squirrel managed to creep up her chair and jacket and was on her shoulder before she knew it. She screamed and the squirrel ran but it was so funny watching it creep up. I guess this is what happens when people feed them.
The it was time to check in for lunch. The first cast member we spoke to was from Northern Ireland.
She was relieved that she had finally gotten someone who could understand her accent. It wasn’t that strong of an accent though and as we grew up in Belfast it was easy enough o understand.
We were asked were we wanted to sit and we choose inside as it was very hot and we wanted to cool down. I ordered the breakfast burger and Jeniflower had the ploughmans. My burger was lovely, although the battered pickle that came with it was very odd, mind you they serve deep fried candy bars here in Scotland so I can’t really complain. Jeniflowers ploughmans was nice but there was no butter for the bread roll which was odd. For dessert we both had the Jaffa tarts – these were quite bland and not as orangey as I would have liked. It was an ok meal but not spectacular. I was glad we tried it but I don’t think it will be on our regular list.
After lunch we went for a wander around the showcase. The sky was getting dark so we went to watch impressions de France. By the time we got out it was chucking down. We waited for a bit and went along to Japan thinking it would be a short shower as usual. Well the rain just wouldn’t stop , it just kept going and going and going. I don’t mind Florida Rain because it usually doesn’t last a long time, it stays warm and the puddles dry quickly. Here in Scotland it rains forever, its usually cold and windy at the same time and the dampness can stay for days. However this was a little wearing. After a while we braved the showcase for a bit and had dinner in Katsura Grill (teriyaki chicken and rice and it was lovely). Then we did some shopping and decided to head back to the Wilderness Lodge for a glass of wine. Tomorrow we would be heading to Down town Disney for some major shopping.

faline
09-26-2013, 11:45 AM
It always funny to overhear folks making pronouncements that are just plain wrong. Until the rains came, you were having a lovely day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the report I would have had to correct that woman some people have to be know it alls

cer
10-02-2013, 12:39 PM
I would have freaked out if a squirrel climbed up on me!

Thank you for the reports, I am enjoying them!

vizsla
10-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the report.