PDA

View Full Version : Magic Band arrival

Mitzie
09-25-2013, 01:44 PM
We were one of those groups who just logged on to MDE and were able to pick fP+ times. My DH customized the bands. We did this a couple of weeks ago. We leave in 29 days..when should we expect the bands to arrive? Should I be getting nervous that we don't have them yet?

Strmchsr
09-25-2013, 03:05 PM
You should be getting them soon, but it's hard to say. They overnighted ours a month out. Not sure why. Others have received them normal mail, but it all seems to be around a month out.

Lindsey310
09-25-2013, 04:01 PM
If you look online under customize your magic bands it gives you a date that says "customize magic bands by (date)." We are leaving in 24 days and our deadline to customize is 9/25. According to a cast member, they will ship out the next day. My friend leaves 10/19 and she got hers on Monday. :mickey:

24 days!!!!! :cloud9:

Yo Mickey!
09-25-2013, 07:39 PM
i customized ours on sunday and we had them on tuesday. we check in on oct. 17 at bwv. i tried to do the fp+ but the dates were wrong...it had this weeks dates so i need to go in and look again.

Mary Chase
09-25-2013, 09:23 PM
I am a little confused. I went into My Disney Experience and found that I was able to pick my fast pass + attractions (which I was very excited about). I picked them, but I don't know what comes next. Do I have to actually order the bands? What exactly does it mean to "customize" the bands and how do you do that? Any help is appreciated - I expecting to be able to do this.

Another question - I heard about some people being able to use fast pass+ for BOG dining (lunch). I really want to do this, but I did not see it as an option for the day I am looking at (could it be that it's already "sold out"? I do not want to stand in a 30-40 minute line to eat lunch, so if I can't get fast pass+ for this, we'll probably just skip it. I just don't know if there is somewhere separate to reserve this.

Thanks for any/all replies!

faline
09-26-2013, 07:29 AM
Another question - I heard about some people being able to use fast pass+ for BOG dining (lunch). I really want to do this, but I did not see it as an option for the day I am looking at (could it be that it's already "sold out"? I do not want to stand in a 30-40 minute line to eat lunch, so if I can't get fast pass+ for this, we'll probably just skip it. I just don't know if there is somewhere separate to reserve this.

They're still doing some testing and tweaking of the new system. I understand that Fastpass+ to make quick service appointments was still testing and some folks had been invited to utilize this - don't know that they have rolled this out in general at this point.

Mitzie
09-26-2013, 08:16 AM
So I decided to log in to MDE and under our account for magic bands it gave me the low down. Our bands have shipped and are due to arrive in the next few business days. It told me who was shipping them and gave me a tracking number and a spot to link over and track them. As of this morning they were in Memphis and should arrive tomorrow! So dang excited! Now if we could get closer and Chris starts forecasting our weather ..yep definetely excited.

Strmchsr
09-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Now if we could get closer and Chris starts forecasting our weather ..yep definetely excited.

lol you're not too far off. I'll get to it soon. :mickey:

RedSoxFan
09-26-2013, 09:42 AM
I was able to customize our MB this morning. I have 13 days to make changes. I did pick some fast pass + rides; but not every day. Hard to say what day I'm doing what. Not sure I'm going to like all this planning.

Lindsey310
09-26-2013, 02:39 PM
I am a little confused. I went into My Disney Experience and found that I was able to pick my fast pass + attractions (which I was very excited about). I picked them, but I don't know what comes next. Do I have to actually order the bands? What exactly does it mean to "customize" the bands and how do you do that? Any help is appreciated - I expecting to be able to do this.

Thanks for any/all replies!

We wanted the FP for BOG also but they weren't available. :confused: only a select few were chosen for that. Not looking forward to waiting 45 min for lunch either.

23 days!!!! :mickey:

Mitzie
09-30-2013, 08:11 AM
On a funny note. Out Magic Bands did arrive on Friday via UPS. In the normal mail we got an invite from Disney saying we were chosen to do FP+...

wildernesslady
09-30-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm reading your post and there was a knock at my door. It's our Mickey bands. Woohoo.

mlbaker1277
10-01-2013, 01:44 PM
as to the question about the fast passes to Be Our Guest for Lunch. We did not receive an invitation, but 17 days prior to our trip I logged on to the Be Our Guest Fast Pass Web Site and made lunch reservations for our date of 10/17 for no problem. I did have to pre select our meal choices, but that was fine with me. Now I can cancel our ADR's at LTT for lunch!:yay

justice11
10-01-2013, 02:01 PM
This is a silly question, but what does MDE stand for? so now we have to get our fast pass times before we go?

Capt_redshirt
10-01-2013, 02:18 PM
This is a silly question, but what does MDE stand for? so now we have to get our fast pass times before we go?

MDE = My Disney Experience Its an app and website to customize your trip. you dont have to go and do fast pass before your trip. you can choose to do it on the day that you are there but you might not get the optimal time you want

justice11
10-01-2013, 02:20 PM
thank you, how do I get to the site MDE to join?

Capt_redshirt
10-01-2013, 02:24 PM
thank you, how do I get to the site MDE to join?

its at the disney website you can go to disneyworld.disney.go.com

Susan A
10-01-2013, 10:02 PM
That's odd that it is taking your bands so long to arrive since ours arrived in just 6 days. I ordered them on Thursday and they arrived today (Tuesday). :confused:
I can't believe the turn around time since they personalized the bands and the printed our names inside of the box.