PDA

View Full Version : Irish Scots Twins Trip - Day 3

Dragongirlx
09-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Cast
Dragongirlx (Ruth)
Jeniflower
we are two twin sisters who grew up in Northern Ireland but now live in Scotland

Trip takes place from 31st August to the 11 September

Today we were off to Hollywood Studios. Now this park always seems to make me horribly grumpy. I can’t stick out a full day here without having to be taken to the magic kingdom to calm down. I don’t know why but for me this is the park filled with people who don’t listen, just want to bend the rules and generally get in my and everyone else’s way. However today this was destined to change.
Arrived 10 minutes before opening but the cast members were letting people in. Headed straight to Toy Story Mania and got in line (20 minute wait posted), however when we got up to the 3D glasses we were directed to the line for people in wheelchairs with another couple, This meant we only waited 10 minutes. I am truly bad at this game but managed a reasonable score compared to Jeniflower (she is much better). Can’t remember the order but we went on Star Tours a few times, rock n’ roller coaster and the tower of terror. Also headed to the great movie ride and animation studio (got to draw Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph).
Lunch was at the Sci Fi Diner. We had eaten here on our first trip in 2004 but hadn’t enjoyed it, however we decided to give it another chance. Although the atmosphere was cool and I enjoyed watching the old clips the food itself wasn’t great. I had the Rueben and the dressing on the sandwich was so over powering I could barely taste the corned beef. Jeniflower had the salmon BLT and she said it was just a little bland. The best part for me was ice cream sundae I had for dessert that was lovely. Jeniflower had the turtle cheesecake which was ok but didn’t really stand out. Our server wasn’t great either was actually a little annoying. Probably won’t be returning here again.
The afternoon was a little wet but ok – saw the Indiana Jones show and Jeniflower was picked to take part – it was very good, and Jeniflower had fun on stage. Rode the backlot tour, saw the Muppets, did more star tours and much more. Through it all I remained very ungrumpy. Our only low point was when we went to get an adult beverage from High Octane Refreshments. The cast member serving refused to take our UK driving licences as ID and wanted a passport instead. Now I don’t carry my passport with me as I am scared I will lose it so it remains locked up in the hotel. I have no idea why she wouldn’t take the drivers licence, especially as the couple before us had used a drives licence from a different country. However it was annoying, especially as we are 36 so old enough to drink. Feeling slightly grumpy we went off to the tune in lounge – were they were happy to serve us and didn’t even ask for ID. One adult beverage later and we were off. A few more rides and we decided to head back to the hotel – the unbelievable had happened I had managed to stay a whole day in Hollywood studios without becoming the queen of grumpy. No dinner that night just a few snacks from roaring forks. Tomorrow we were off to animal kingdom.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the report

yjgirl32
09-26-2013, 10:07 AM
lol glad you had a good day in DHS. We too got to draw Vanillope.

faline
09-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Glad to hear you had an enjoyable (and ungrumpy) day at Hollywood Studios!! Strange - about the license. Didn't know anything about the High Octane location. Tune-In Lounge is where we always head if we want a drink and some cooling off time.

vizsla
09-28-2013, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the report.

DisneyorBust
09-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Glad to read that you had a 'grump free' day in the Studios. Hopefully, this will become the norm upon your return trips.

Hammer
09-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Sounds like a good day at the Studios. Tune in lounge is a better place to get an adult beverage anyway!

Ruth, you mentioned you were paired on Toy Story Mania with someone in a wheelchair. Did they have to transfer out of it to ride?

Dragongirlx
10-01-2013, 04:03 AM
Christine- we weren't paired with anyone with a wheelchair. There were no people with wheelchairs in the line so they sent us and another couple to the part where they load the wheelchairs. It was just a normal ride vehicle though which they diverted back on and off the regular track.

DonaldDuckUSA
10-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Tune In Lounge is the only place in HS (except TOT and RRC) where I can un-grump about HS frustrations. If it weren't for those three locations I probably wouldn't go anymore.