PDA

View Full Version : Irish Scots Twins Trip Sept 13 - Day 2

Dragongirlx
09-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Cast
Dragongirlx (Ruth)
Jeniflower
we are two twin sisters who grew up in Northern Ireland but now live in Scotland

Trip takes place from 31st August to the 11 September

Today we were headed to EPCOT. Headed down to the bus stop to get the bus there were a few families waiting but it wasn’t too bad however we had just missed an EPCOT bus. Then began a pattern that would haunt us through the entire holiday - animal kingdom buses. For every one bus to another destination 2 or 3 buses for animal kingdom would show up, by the time the next bus to EPCOT came there had been 6 Animal Kingdom buses.
The park was open by the time we got there but it wasn’t too busy. First stop spaceship earth which I could ride 100 times I love it so. Next we headed to the new test track. We hadn’t done this before so were a little excited. Can I say I loved this? It was so much fun designing a car and then testing it against others. I love the new design and love that you can create adverts using your designed car afterwards. I also love the new queue a much better design then the way you used to do it. Jeniflower loved it too – she insisted we ride three times before going to breakfast at which point I was very hungry. We headed to Sunshine seasons for the breakfast platter – lovely as usual although we had to hunt for butter for our biscuits and French toast. Then we rode Soarin and went on Living with the Land – some more favourites here. Then it was over to nemo and exploring mouse gears before heading to the world showcase for lunch.
Today lunch was at Le Cellier – haven’t been for a couple of years. It was a little busy but not too crowded. I had the mushroom filet mignon and Jeni had the pepper steak. Both were gorgeous and cooked perfectly (rare) and the risotto that came with mine was sooo tasty. Jeniflower like hers too but wanted more of the lovely pepper sauce. For dessert I had the maple crème Brule and Jeniflower had the coconut 3 ways. I loved mine but I never tried Jeniflower’s as I think coconut is horrible but she liked it. After another lovely lunch it was out to explore the world showcase. Went through every country, enjoyed the show by the British Revolution, had some cider, and discovered that torontopolitans are back at the cart by Le Cellier woo hoo! They had been missing last year so was glad to see them. Had dinner at La Cantina de San Angel. We shared an order of Tacos de Pollo and had some Passion Fruit Margaritas. As usual it was very hard to find a seat but a very nice couple let us share with them. Then it was around the showcase a few more times before heading back to the bus stop. We had good luck with buses at Epcot and never had to wait very long. The buses were never crowded either. Then it was back to sit on our balcony for a while before heading to bed.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Another great day, love Epcot

DisneyorBust
09-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Great report! DW and I love to explore Epcot, especially the World Showcase. Thanks for taking us along!

yjgirl32
09-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Great report, thanks for sharing.

vizsla
09-27-2013, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
09-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Too bad you didn't want to go to Animal Kingdom!!

Glad you enjoyed the new Test Track. We did it for the first time in August as well but, unlike you, I was not wowed with the changes.

However, I totally agree with you on the filet with mushroom risotto at Le Cellier. Now that I've read about your meal, I am SO craving another meal here!!

What a very nice day!!