PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break eating-WWYD?

DisneyMomx2
09-25-2013, 09:03 AM
We are booked to go down to WDW on Spring Break with our girls. We are staying at the Campground. I know its crazy to go on Spring Break but we need to get those APs into use one more time and I don't want to take the girls out of school at this time. ANYWAY, we are debating whether to make ADRs or wing it. I know we could eat at the trailer more but DH only wants to do that for breakfasts. Do you think we would be ok winging it at Counter service places? (i.e. find a place to sit?) or would you guarantee your seating with ADR's? TIA!!

VWL Mom
09-25-2013, 04:34 PM
I think you would be fine finding available CS space, even if you have to eat at off peak times. If you want to eat TS, I would go ahead and secure an ADR for one or two.

mechanic
09-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Make some adr at places that don't require a deposit. That way if your timing doesn't work out, or you change your mind, no loss, no problem.

disneynarula
09-27-2013, 10:26 AM
We rarely make ADRs at places that require a deposit. That being said, it's still pretty easy to cancel within the 24 hour time limit.

If you like to eat at the more popluar places I would not go without ADRs during Spring Break. If there is a place you must eat when you are at WDW I would make an ADR. We are flexible and don't have any "musts" at WDW. We went once without ADRs and we ate at..

Olivia's Cafe at Old Key West
Captain's Grille at Yacht Club
Marrakesh
Nine Dragons
Boma

We did not go during a peak time but we did go during free dining. We were able to get reservations the day of at all the above places. I am not sure if the popularity has changed.

LVT
09-27-2013, 06:12 PM
I believe there are Apps for dining. My son used something for which he could enter where he was, and it gave him the places with openings.