PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Dining Reservations Online

tinkwest
09-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Beginning Thursday, October 3 Disneyland Resort dining reservations may be made online on their dining page (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/?CMP=SOC-DPFY13Q4MakeYourDisneylandResortDiningReservations OnlineBeginningOctober3000124-09-13). With the new online booking option, the [email protected] email reservation service will no longer be offered, but those wishing to make a reservation over the phone may still call 714-781-DINE.

Credit card numbers will be required to make reservations. A fee of $10 per person will be applied if a guest does not show to their reservation or if the reservation isn’t canceled the day before. Canceling your reservation will be easy with the new online service – simply log in to make adjustments or cancellations right there.*

*ETA: Per Disney Parks Blog, last sentence should now read:
Canceling your reservation will be easy with the new online service – simply log in to make cancellations right there.

DNS
09-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Does this apply to all table service restaurants?

tinkwest
09-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Reservations at this time may be made through Disney Dining for all Table Service restaurants within the Resort except Rainforest Cafe. They must be contacted directly for reservations. I am assuming that when the online option begins, this practice will remain the same.

tinkwest
10-04-2013, 01:24 AM
As of today, this new system is experiencing technical difficulties. Also the original post has been edited to show a change that Disney made in the last sentence of their announcement.

Melanie
10-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Thanks for keeping us up to date on this, Linda. Once they get the kinks worked out, this will be great!

tinkwest
10-04-2013, 11:51 AM
I've been checking out this system and I am anxious to use it. For me, it seems like it will be a great tool. Not sure if they have all the bugs worked out yet. From a roaming point of view things look ok, but perhaps deeper in to the process they are still having some hiccups.

I did notice that Rainforest Cafe is included as a reservation option and in the past they have always taken their own reservations. That should make things more convenient for guests wanting to include them in their plans.

seanyred
10-04-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm excited to use it as well. We are almost at 60 days out. I am assuming that it is still only 60 days in advance that you can make ADRs.

tinkwest
10-04-2013, 01:04 PM
... I am assuming that it is still only 60 days in advance that you can make ADRs.

That appears to be correct.

Fangorn
10-04-2013, 06:21 PM
I was just able to make a reservation at the Blue Bayou for Nov 2.

The process was not without issue, however. Twice during the process, I was presented a screen telling me that a server error had occurred. Refreshing the screen each time resulted in moving forward to the next step, though. I eventually got all the way through and have a confirmation number. The reservation even appears on my Disney account along with 2 ADRs for our planned trip to WDW in early March :thumbsup:

I have yet to receive an email, but even at WDW that doesn't always happen for 12-24 hours.

But the system does seem to be working. Maybe not perfectly, but semi-functional at least.

Steve

tinkwest
10-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Disney has reported that the system is live and ready for use. Hopefully it is behaving better than when Fangorn used it.