PDA

View Full Version : Is eating at the castle worth two dinning credits

Lizzie
09-24-2013, 04:14 PM
We are planning a trip with our four girls for next fall. They will be 7,7, 5 & 4. And they all love the princess. I have always wanted to take them to eat at the castle but not sure if its worth the two dinning credits.

We will definitely be on the dinning plan it allows my husband to have a better idea of the budget. Is it a must do with that many kids? The menu didn't look that great for any of the meals. We are planning on booking most of our reservations for dinner.

We have done Ariels Grotto at Disneyland and loved it. Would you stick with the castle? Or recommend something else? I am also concerned because I don't think we will have our trip planned 180 days in advance to guarantee even getting a reservation.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Remember you can now dine at Belle's castle too, for dinner it takes one TS credit for lunch one CS credit. Cinderellas Castle does take two dining credits and it was very good when we ate there in 2005 when it was still one dining credit. Not sure I would want to use two credits since you can eat at Belle's castle for one now personally. It may be hard getting that ADR if you wait too long past your 180 day window. I do have to say I'm glad I ate at Cindy's castle at least once.:mickey:

Strmchsr
09-24-2013, 04:42 PM
I don't think it's worth 2 dining credits, but you might consider paying OOP for it and using your credits at other meals like a breakfast. It's definitely not a "must do" but if you've never done it, it's fun to do at least once. There is definitely something special about eating in the castle.

Lizzie
09-24-2013, 04:59 PM
One of the points of eating there would be to see the princesses. Is there another place you would recommend?

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Norway is a great alternative. There are princesses, and the "castle" there is just lovely, but it isn't "the" castle.

But, it is only one TS credit, and you will get to meet princess. Belle greets you in the lobby, and we've usually had Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel and once Jasmine and once Mulan.

spoiledraf
09-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Is the meal worth two credits? Probably not.
Is the experience worth two credits? Yes.
The other opportunities are good but they just aren't the "Castle" experience.
But I see there will be six of you ( unless dad skips out like I did) so I can see where it is a big cost decision.

Jared
09-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Cinderella's Royal Table isn't worth the cost, but that doesn't mean you should automatically skip it.

Eating in the castle is a remarkable experience, one that every Disney fan should try at least once. Sure, it's overpriced, but so is everything at Walt Disney World. I guarantee you'll remember how you felt going inside Cinderella Castle, sitting at the table and looking out the window onto Fantasyland below. Your daughters won't care the food was mediocre.

I understand that there are budget concerns. There are other places to meet princess, including the newly opened Princess Fairytale Hall in the old Snow White's Scary Adventures building.

But if you can afford it, I'd try Cinderella's Royal Table just to say you did. You won't ever have to go back.

Lizzie
09-24-2013, 10:38 PM
So if we eat at the castle. Should we use the table service credits or pay out of pocket? And if we don't have our trip booked 180 days in advance do we even have a chance of getting an add?

Zippy 1
09-25-2013, 12:32 AM
We did the castle for breakfast. You get 2 great opportunities in one. You get to go down main street before the park opens! That is great for photo ops. The breakfast was worth it just once for the atmosphere. We took our DD 13 there. We had a great time! I might even consider doing it again!:mickey:

disneynarula
09-25-2013, 07:12 AM
No it's not worth it. It's totally hyped up and not worth the money IMHO.

Try Akershus (spelling) in Norway at Epcot. Plenty of princess action and it's only one credit.

Strmchsr
09-25-2013, 07:51 AM
So if we eat at the castle. Should we use the table service credits or pay out of pocket? And if we don't have our trip booked 180 days in advance do we even have a chance of getting an add?

OOP. 2 TS credits is a waste. Use those elsewhere. As for the 180 day, it's not completely a lost cause under 180 days any longer. BOG has taken some of the pressure off of CRT. However, it's still not an easy ADR so you want it as far out as possible to have a decent chance.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-25-2013, 10:25 AM
If it were me I'd pay OOP and save my other two credits

Dulcee
09-25-2013, 10:39 AM
We were on the deluxe dining plan last December and used 2TS credits for it.

We enjoyed it. We did breakfast and while its pricey it was cute. With 4 little girls, I can't even imagine the excitement. As two grown adults we loved walking up the winding staircase and being able to look out over fantasyland. And to be honest we liked the food better here for breakfast then the Norway character breakfast.

Each little girl will also come away with a princess fairy wand, which I"m sure in the eyes of a 5 year old makes it all the more worth it.

#1donaldfan
09-25-2013, 11:40 AM
The atmosphere is great, the food is not, esp for two dinning creits.....if you do it, pay out of pocket. :mickey:

garymacd
09-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Personally, I enjoyed meeting the princesses. I was not overly impressed with the meal.