PDA

View Full Version : DDP Issue from recent trip - your opinion?

WDW&MK
09-21-2013, 10:00 PM
So we were at WDW last week on free dining. We had an ADR at Les Chefs de France for lunch. I had gotten a bad cold during our trip and on this day I felt particularly bad so I really wasn't hungry. DH and I both order off of the prix fixe menu soup, entree, dessert. I ate some of my soup and couldn't really eat the entree so when the waiter came around for dessert I told him I just wanted to skip it because I wasn't hungry. DH had his dessert. When we got the bill instead of just 1 tableservice credit each, he also charged me for the soup! I asked him why and because I did not have dessert he changed it to an ala carte purchase. I know it was said no substitutions, but I didn't substitute - I was just trying to not waste food! DH wouldn't let me argue the cost because he said the waiter seemed new and not very good with English.

What are your thoughts - should i have been charged for the soup or no?

Thanks!
Kari

gerald72
09-21-2013, 10:34 PM
I think it should have been one credit.
I would have argued.

SBETigg
09-21-2013, 10:58 PM
He might have thought he was doing you a favor, not making you lose a dining credit over just soup. But often, if you bring an issue like this to attention at your resort, they will amend your bill to reflect your wishes, if you preferred to use your DP credits.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Me too. If needed I would have ordered a dessert and had them re-do the bill.

VWL Mom
09-22-2013, 05:59 AM
Had it been OOP he would have been saving you money but since it was DDP it cost you money. You should have just had him change it to the PrixFix.

Mickey91
09-22-2013, 11:33 AM
I would have argued or ordered a dessert to go and put it in the fridge or something. Sorry this happened. Hopefully you found a way to utilize the extra dining credit.

WDW&MK
09-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Just to clarify - it cost me the dining credit AND $9 plus tax for the soup.
I probably should have argued it......

SBETigg
09-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Just to clarify - it cost me the dining credit AND $9 plus tax for the soup.
I probably should have argued it......

OH, I didn't catch that. Yeah, you should have asked for a manager. But they probably would have restored your DP credit at your resort if you explained. Not sure they could have refunded the soup, though, so you definitely should have brought it up at the restaurant. A mistake, for sure. But by now, I guess I would just brush it off as an experience. Sorry for the confusion.

1DisneyNut
09-22-2013, 12:23 PM
I definitely would have argued. I would have ordered the desert and then told him to go throw it in the garbage just to prove a point.

paymerich
09-24-2013, 11:56 AM
once again this situation demonstrates why the DDP is just a bad idea now even if its "free"! TIW card much better and less hassle.
The plan does not save money or time now ( or hassles)!