PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mtn 2014 Refurb Extended

Strmchsr
09-21-2013, 10:02 AM
It had already been announced that Splash Mountain would be down Jan 6-31. That's normal. It's down that time frame pretty much every year. But today I got an email that the Imagineers have decided it needs more extensive work and they want to make sure everything gets back to proper condition so SM will now be closed Jan 6 - March 21, 2014 (reopening on the 22nd).

VWL Mom
09-21-2013, 10:08 AM
I just read this too. Wasn't there an extensive refurb last January?

Strmchsr
09-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Indeed there was. Almost the same time frame in 2013. Unfortunately there are still some things not quite right. It worked perfect right after that refurb but some of the systems were basically just duct taped back together. Some of the new management has told WDI they want it fixed right (about now) so they can quit the everything breaking every other month nonsense. It's actually nice to hear some of the senior management remembering what Walt had to say about "bad show" and trying to rectify the situation.

Opus X
09-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Great news...I am always happy for a refurb..
:thumbsup:

MIKESMOM
09-22-2013, 06:06 AM
I'm happy it will be fixed properly, sad it will be down for my next visit.:mickey:

Dulcee
09-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Ah need to add this to the must do list for our first our second day of vacation!

1DisneyNut
09-22-2013, 12:26 PM
It had gotten to the point it was pretty junky. It was definitely in better condition this summer but still needed quite a bit of attention. One thing that irritated me was the leaping water still didn't work in the laughing place. I don't know why but the water leaping from pool to pool as we go by is one of my favorite features.

cer
09-22-2013, 02:10 PM
One thing that irritated me was the leaping water still didn't work in the laughing place. I don't know why but the water leaping from pool to pool as we go by is one of my favorite features.

This.

It has been a long time since I have seen this feature working and it is always a disappointment when it is not.

Looking forward to getting things working properly.

bxrluv
09-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Hopefully with this refurb, they have it all working and by the deadline. That is my favorite. It will be Spring break starting then and everything needs to be up and running :mickey: