PDA

View Full Version : Almost live review of Tony's Town Square Restaurant

AgentC
09-21-2013, 09:08 AM
We ate at Tony's last night prior to going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I was hesitant to pick it because of some of the poor reviews, but I wanted to try some place new and could not get Be Our Guest.

My husband and I both had different views so I suppose this is a case of your mileage may vary. My husband though everything was great. Me not so much.

On the plus side, everyone there was very nice. The hostesses took the time to talk with my children about their costumes. Decor was nice. My daughter was fascinated by the fountain.

Service was extremely efficient.
Okay too efficient . There was no doubt with the speed food came out everything was premise much earlier and just sitting waiting to come out. How efficient? We arrived at 4:35 and were out the door at 5:20. To give some perspective we had lunch at the quick serve at the Grand Floridian where it took 15 minutes for our fresh cooked food to come out. Our food at Tony's came out in 10 minutes.

The food:

I ordered the balsamic mozzarella and tomato appetizer. This is a go to order for me. The mozzarella was fine but nothing special. Tomato was a bit bland and watery and it needed more balsamic vinegar. It came with two soft breadsticks. My rating -okay . Would not go our of my way to eat it again.

I also orders the parmesan bread appetizer . I was expecting something like breadsticks but it was more like a seasoned muffin with cheese on top. The muffin top was good. Bottom was bland . Dipping sauce portion was small. My rating - meh, okay.

Kid's meals:

My five year old daughter wisely declined ordering a meal. She ate the provided rolls with flavored olive oil. Her rating- good. My rating - standard fare.

My son ordered the spaghetti. He is a very picky eater and I ordered plain with butter. It came out with the sauce and turkey meatballs and I had to ask for a new plate. (As a side note why do the kids only get a turkey meatball optima as part of the healthy meals but adults get beef meatballs).

The pasta was fine. Nothing special . Nothing bad. It came with a side salad and an apple cake. My son took one look at the unappealing dense brown cake and refused to eat it. I unfortunately tried a small piece . It was one of the worst desserts I have ever tasted.

My husband has the fried calamari. He said it was great. I did not try it. It did have a fishy smell to me.

He also had the Chicken Parmesan . He thought it was very good. I thought it tasted microwaved.

Overall thoughts- edible, nice atmosphere an staff, reasonable prices. I'd book again if I had no other options.

Please excuse any typos. I am typing on my phone while my family recovers from last night's party. :)

Crow
09-21-2013, 12:02 PM
I ate there once and wasn't overly impressed. thanks for the review

retiredfigment
09-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Ate there once. Not impressed either. Though I have come to the conclusion that there are various ways to make 'Italian' sauce and tastes vary greatly.

NJGIRL
09-22-2013, 08:48 PM
We ate there once also. It is one of two of the only WDW restaurants I have no desire to return to.

Arielfan98
09-22-2013, 10:25 PM
I ate there and ordered pork medallions with linguine in a butter caper sauce. The butter sauce made me sick as it literally tasted like butter and oil but the pork was delicious. I rate this place as an ok place with everyone else. Nothing special, but good if you don't want to leave the park.

#1donaldfan
09-23-2013, 12:29 PM
We've eaten there on several occasions and love it each time. The food is good, not great, but the proximity and atmosphere make it a great experience. :thumbsup:

Lindsey310
09-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the review :thumbsup:

We have yet to try it but its on our list!

26 days!!!! :joy: