PDA

View Full Version : how do you know what you can buy for snack credits?

disneykidsince1970
09-21-2013, 04:00 AM
I don't want to be one of those people cramming up the line b/c I am asking questions like,

"does the muffin count?"
"someone told me I can get eggs...can I get eggs?"
"are you sure I can't get a yogurt and a muffin?"
"why is the cupcake 2 credits?"

:ack: I'm irritating myself already!

Is there a mass list somewhere - by location or by plan - that outlines what you can get with whatever plan you buy?

disneykidsince1970
09-21-2013, 04:28 AM
I'm going to Disney World!!! Can't wait to leave India and go to Disney with my big sis! Woot woot!

Nikki:mickey:

disneykidsince1970
09-21-2013, 04:31 AM
thanks for pointing out that I am the "big" sister.

CANNOT WAIT.

:mickey: Carolyn

Itchy
09-21-2013, 06:49 AM
When you go into the food courts or shops there will be a little square icon on either the item or on the shelf by the item.

You can go to the WDW web site and look under the dining plans and there should be a small list of items for examples. I think that most things under $4 are included. No alcohol or such are included.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

VWL Mom
09-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Most locations will have the DDP symbol on the order boards and shelves if an item qualifies. If you're looking for the basic outline of the plan about what's included, it can be found here (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2013Dining.pdf).

AvonleaCF
09-23-2013, 02:11 PM
I find the dining plan a little weird when it comes to snacks. Yes, MOST items under $5 are included, but it's not a hard and fast rule. For example, the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor sundae is nearly $6 and IS included, but a giant cookie I saw at one of the bakeries was $4.99 and NOT included. It's kinda arbitrary based on location, but there's tons to choose from overall. Everything is marked with the DP symbol.

Things that are definitely on the DP as snacks: any ice cream from the carts, a bottled beverage (except energy drinks and Smart Water), a single pretzel or churro or popcorn (not bucket) from the stands, baked goods under $5, a bag of chips, soft serve (but not necessarily a sundae- check the location), a piece of candy or fudge from the candy shops, and the smaller bags of candy or individual cookie at all the gift shops.

#1donaldfan
09-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Some of the CM's don't even know.....we always have snack credits left and we typically pick up candy items at the resort on our way out and although the little shelf ticket says it's a snack, sometimes the register is programed different and they can't give it to you as a snack.....we had this issue in August at Animal Kingdom. The CM did say that it's by weight or volume....Not sure, but I will ask......:mickey:

disneynarula
09-25-2013, 07:14 AM
There is an icon that indicates whether or not an item is eligiable for a snack credit.

#1donaldfan
09-25-2013, 11:44 AM
There is an icon that indicates whether or not an item is eligiable for a snack credit.

True but even at that, in our experience this last trip at Animal Kingdomm, it was marked but wasn't reflected at the register when it rang up. I coulda' argued it, I guess, but why argue over a $4 bag of candy.....I'm sure at most places, most things are accurately posted and programed into the computer.....:confused::cool:

SBETigg
09-25-2013, 11:59 AM
It's really not complicated. Once you are there, you see that things are clearly marked and it's easy to know what you can get as a snack. When you get to the register, you do want to tell them when you plan to use snack credits or if you would rather pay OOP for an item, because you can choose to use your DP or not and they can't read your mind to know which you prefer. For the less expensive items, we pay out of pocket and save our snack credits for the more expensive snack items offered.

PopPhan
09-25-2013, 12:40 PM
"are you sure I can't get a yogurt and a muffin?"

The answer to this one thet I have heard as the "typical" description of the Snack Plan -- Limited to one single-serve item marked with the DDP symbol under $5.00 in price.

Now, the allowable price does go up as prices go up throughout the property, and some places may allow items not covered by this statement, but that would be a good starting point.

ANG
09-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Once I make my selections, I also ask the cashier as they ring it up if it definitely will be a snack credit.