PDA

View Full Version : Long weekend in Jan or Feb?

AirlineGuy07
09-20-2013, 10:28 PM
We're going with friends to the world for a long weekend this coming winter and was wondering what would be better as far as crowds and weather. Martin Luther King Jr weekend Jan 15-20 or the weekend before presidents weekend Feb 5-10? Thx?

Strmchsr
09-21-2013, 07:52 AM
The weekend before President's Day weekend (not President's Day weekend) would be better as far as crowds. Weather is a toss up either date. Dec-Feb the weather is extremely unpredictable. Could be 80 or 50 or both in the same weekend.

BrerGnat
09-21-2013, 07:49 PM
I am also considering a long weekend trip end of January. After our August visit, I would gladly take some chilly temps! I think Presidents Weekend tends to more crowded than MLK, in general.

Strmchsr
09-22-2013, 08:06 AM
I think Presidents Weekend tends to more crowded than MLK, in general.

The difference now is the huge South American tour groups that visit in January.

Melanie
09-22-2013, 09:08 AM
The difference now is the huge South American tour groups that visit in January.

AGREED. I'd definitely shoot for February these days. :yes:

BrerGnat
09-22-2013, 01:14 PM

Oh, really? Didn't know about that.

Is it the whole month?

Strmchsr
09-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Yeah, that's their summer break so the tour groups are all over the place in January pretty much the entire month. You see a big drop off by Feb 1.

Melanie
09-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Oh, really? Didn't know about that.

Is it the whole month?

Nat, take my word for it. AVOID IT! Go in February.

BrerGnat
09-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Nat, take my word for it. AVOID IT! Go in February.

Eh...I wanted to take advantage of the no school on Jan 27/28. I don't want to pull the boys out for more than 1 day because we may try to go on vacation after the deployment in early May, and we'll be pulling the boys out at that time.

Strmchsr
09-22-2013, 04:21 PM
I'll be there at the same time, Nat, teaching at a Disney conference. I would definitely prefer to go a week or two later because of the issues with the tour groups, but I go when Disney pays for me to go. :mickey:

Melanie
09-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Eh...I wanted to take advantage of the no school on Jan 27/28. I don't want to pull the boys out for more than 1 day because we may try to go on vacation after the deployment in early May, and we'll be pulling the boys out at that time.

It's all good. Too bad though there's not some time off in February. We used to love, love, love January. I'm sad it's not like it used to be. I'll never go again during that timeframe, unless of course we're living down there.