PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club Convention. We booked at Boardwalk. Thoughts?

DonaldDuckUSA
09-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Booked today for a work convention at the Yacht club, but there were no more opens rooms at Yacht or Beach, so we booked at the Boardwalk. I'm super excited (as I have never stayed in the EPCOT resort area) but there is a small part of me that is a little sad about being away from "the action" of the convention. 1) I have no reason to be even a little bummed, right? I guess it's because I was mostly excited about staying at the Yacht Club because its beautiful. 2) How long of a walk is it to the Yacht Club? I gotta do it in my pumps! Maybe I can just drive over there?

SBETigg
09-19-2013, 04:44 PM
It's not a long walk, probably longer to get your car and park and drive around and park again and go in. But you can also take the boat, which is pleasant but will take a lot more time going there and not a good idea going there. I think BW is the first stop after YC headed back. It's really just a short walk across, ten minutes or less (which isn't ideal when you're all dressed up and with the heat, but still a good location), easy proximity.

DisneyDINK
09-19-2013, 04:47 PM
It is pretty close. I've never tried it in stilettos or anything, but it would probably take me about 7 minutes at an easy pace. You just go to the right at the BW waterfront, pass the ESPN Club, go over the bridge toward Epcot, left at the end of the bridge and a short walk to the YC/BC.

BrerGnat
09-19-2013, 05:52 PM
It is pretty close. I've never tried it in stilettos or anything, but it would probably take me about 7 minutes at an easy pace. You just go to the right at the BW waterfront, pass the ESPN Club, go over the bridge toward Epcot, left at the end of the bridge and a short walk to the YC/BC.

It's actually faster to go the other way. Head towards Swan/Dolphin, go over the bridge, you are at YC. The Convention Center is on that end as well.

DonaldDuckUSA
09-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the tips! Has anyone ever stayed at the Boardwalk. Is it as nice as the Yacht Club? What should I expect?

faline
09-19-2013, 08:57 PM
I've never stayed at the Yacht Club but I have stayed at the Beach Club and just recently returned from my first trip at Boardwalk.

We're vacation club members so we stayed in the vacation club villas. We had a Boardwalk view room and greatly enjoyed our stay.

Benefits of staying on the Boardwalk side: the Bakery is great for a quick sandwich and/or dessert. There is a stand that sells hot dogs (didn't try it be was very tempted). ESPN is right there so if there's a game you want to watch, you're much closer to this venue than on the Beach Club side. The resort is lovely.

Benefits of staying on the Yacht Club side - best on-site resort pool by far!!

Pirate Granny
09-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Boat goes EPCOT, BWV, YC/BC. Not sure about a return trip...but the boat ride from BWV is relaxing....

Yo Mickey!
09-19-2013, 09:48 PM
its no biggie staying at the boardwalk and walking to the yacht. we actually prefer boardwalk (dvc members there) over beach/yacht unless the kids are with (we go for our anniversary at food and wine, no kids -- always take the kids in early dec and stay at beach) because of the pool. we love both resorts but the boardwalk is a great place to be at night.

like someone else said, go left, not right. much faster to the yacht and convention area.

Yo Mickey!
09-19-2013, 09:49 PM
oh...and if you are there for a conf and do not have a park pass, go to the concierge and get an after 4 pm pass -- it is cheaper. head over to food and wine some night if you are there during that time. it's a blast.

SBETigg
09-19-2013, 10:01 PM
It's actually faster to go the other way. Head towards Swan/Dolphin, go over the bridge, you are at YC. The Convention Center is on that end as well.

Yes, this is the faster way, I agree with Nat. It's really not a long walk.

brownie
09-20-2013, 05:59 AM
You're at Walt Disney World, I wouldn't worry about being away from the action of the convention!

It's not a long walk to the Yacht Club. I've never done it in pumps, though, so that might be a completely different experience.

Melanie
09-20-2013, 06:33 AM
If you're used to walking in pumps, you should be fine. It's not a long walk at all. I'd suggest going the way Natalie said - by the Swan/Dolphin.

Ms. Mode
09-20-2013, 08:03 AM
I used to wear pumps EVERYWHERE when I was younger...now, I would suggest lose the shoes for the walk over. :blush:

DonaldDuckUSA
09-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Wow, thanks for all the help!

It's funny, but I never even thought to go left. That will definitely help! That will be a HUGE help.

I'm happy to hear so many people are please with their stay at the Boardwalk. It will be a nice time. What am I stressing about!?! And my companion and I are AP Holders so I will take the suggestion to sneak away for food and wine festival, which I love. Everything happens for a reason, right?

rkmemkc
09-20-2013, 01:51 PM
I gotta do it in my pumps!
I saw these little flats that roll up so small and fit in your purse. They are on amazon. Just a thought. Have a great time! :mickey:

DonaldDuckUSA
09-20-2013, 03:53 PM
i saw these little flats that roll up so small and fit in your purse. They are on amazon. Just a thought. Have a great time! :mickey:

great idea!