PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

Pop Centurion
09-19-2013, 03:16 PM
In another post I asked about a quick exit from Epcot on NYE after the fireworks & Sherri suggested exiting the International Gateway & catching a cab from the Y&BC. Great idea if it's not too expensive but I just thought of a better plan.
I wasn't thinking at the time but I will have my car since we're driving down. What if I had breakfast at Cape May Cafe that morning? I can park at Y&BC since I have an ADR but can I leave my car there until after midnight? I know technically I'm not supposed to but it seems like a great idea to avoid the mad rush out of the park. Not to mention I can avoid most of the traffic by taking Epcot resorts drive to Buena Vista dr turn left for a very short drive to Victory Way back to Pop. I'll be completely avoiding Epcot Center Dr & World Dr where all the traffic will be.
So what's everyone think?

Kenny1113
09-19-2013, 03:37 PM
I know there is a time limit. My guess is, on a holiday they may be enforcing it. (I could be wrong)

PopPhan
09-19-2013, 03:38 PM
In another post I asked about a quick exit from Epcot on NYE after the fireworks & Sherri suggested exiting the International Gateway & catching a cab from the Y&BC. Great idea if it's not too expensive but I just thought of a better plan.
I wasn't thinking at the time but I will have my car since we're driving down. What if I had breakfast at Cape May Cafe that morning? I can park at Y&BC since I have an ADR but can I leave my car there until after midnight? I know technically I'm not supposed to but it seems like a great idea to avoid the mad rush out of the park. Not to mention I can avoid most of the traffic by taking Epcot resorts drive to Buena Vista dr turn left for a very short drive to Victory Way back to Pop. I'll be completely avoiding Epcot Center Dr & World Dr where all the traffic will be.
So what's everyone think?

No. Parking is for people staying at the resort or for 3 hours (max) if eating there. It is NOT a parking lot for EPCOT or DHS. Specially during an extremely busy time like NYE.

Sorry if this sounded nasty, but people who are actually staying at the resort want somewhere to park near their resort -- i.e. their resort parking lot. If everyone got your idea, there would be no place for people staying at that resort to park.

Strmchsr
09-19-2013, 03:53 PM
The only exception to the 3 hour rule (and yes they very much enforce it during busy times and have started enforcing it more the rest of the time) is if you use valet parking. There's no time limit on valet parking, but, obviously, you have to pay for it.

Pop Centurion
09-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks all. I wasn't sure about the time limit & how they actually check/enforce it.

PopPhan, No need to apologize. I didn't take your response as being nasty at all.

SBETigg
09-19-2013, 04:29 PM
A cab will be $10-20. Not sure about valet parking. It was a reasonable question.

dnickels
09-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Keep in mind of course that even the cab idea isn't a guaranteed quick exit. Each park will be near capacity that night and of the thousands or tens of thousands who are thinking "we'll just make a quick run right after the fireworks or right before the fireworks end" there are going to be a good chunk of them who will run to the cab lines.

Not saying it's a bad idea, but if it's something that you need to have happen for the night to go well (i.e. young kids needing to be in bed by 12:30) I'd be hesitant to recommend it because you could just as easily end up waiting til 1:30 or 2 AM.

spoiledraf
09-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Actually if you valet park there is no time limit. You basically pay to park. And I won't go to Epcot Illuminations unless we are at BC/YC or Boardwalk. Did that riot to the bus once. Never again.

SBETigg
09-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Keep in mind of course that even the cab idea isn't a guaranteed quick exit. Each park will be near capacity that night and of the thousands or tens of thousands who are thinking "we'll just make a quick run right after the fireworks or right before the fireworks end" there are going to be a good chunk of them who will run to the cab lines.

Not saying it's a bad idea, but if it's something that you need to have happen for the night to go well (i.e. young kids needing to be in bed by 12:30) I'd be hesitant to recommend it because you could just as easily end up waiting til 1:30 or 2 AM.

Yeah, but a cab from the resorts past International Gateway would probably be less than a wait for a cab at Epcot's FW entrance. Even at busy times, bell services at resorts tend to have a number of cabs lined up and waiting. And honestly, most people head for the free transportation and don't think of/are too budget conscious to go for a cab. So I think it's a reasonable option, probably less of a wait than trying to make the bus or monorail.

Yes, you have a point, it might be a more popular option than it usually is. But will it be worse than the bus wait? Time it takes to go to the main entrance through FW vs International Gateway to BC/YC or Boardwalk? I've always found a cab from Beach Club to be a quick and painless option, and well worth the cost. But NYE is going to be a crazier exit situation at any rate. Still, I think it's a better option given the choices.

Ms. Mode
09-20-2013, 08:09 AM
I would imagine the traffic will be heavy from any direction. The parks are loaded with people and several know the back ways. Just say'n. :D

I'd stick with the Disney transportation and just realize it might take me a little longer. Oh yeah...we've done that several times on NYE.:blush:

#1donaldfan
09-20-2013, 12:41 PM
We've been there on NYE and I can say it will be crazy everywhere you go, and at any plan you can come up with !! Like previously suggested, enjoy your time at the park and when it's time to leave just move to the front of the park to the Disney transportation. I don't see you saving much time at all that night. The crowds are such you will walk as a mass not an individual !! :mickey: