PDA

View Full Version : MagicBands, early arrival, tickets, and room charges

Goofy4TheWorld
09-19-2013, 01:46 PM
I have a package reservation for mid-October, and my package includes park tickets. I have already received my MagicBands and so I will have them with me upon my arrival (we are driving). I have made a few assumptions that I now realize may not be true, and wanted to see if anyone knew for sure how it was going to work.

First, I assume that my park tickets will already be activated on my MagicBand and thus allow me to drive straight to a park and enter using those tickets WITHOUT first going to my resort to check in. Correct?

Second, I have already completed Online Check-In and have selected to receive a text with my room information once it is ready, so I assume that I can receive my room number via text and go straight to that room without first going to the front desk to check in (technically speaking, I assume with the new MagicBands that you NEVER have to “check in” anymore if you do pre-arrival online check-in). Correct?

Third, I assume that since during Online Check-In I linked my Visa card to my reservation for room charge purposes, that I could start charging stuff to my room using my band as soon as I arrive at a park, again without having first checked into my resort. Correct?

Forth, being that these bands cost Disney over a Billion dollars, I assume that they allow me to select my preferred weather, including rain chances, high and low temperature, and UV index. Correct? :D

Any insight will be great appreciated!

Dulcee
09-19-2013, 02:38 PM
I have no idea but it would be awesome if 1, 2 and 3 were correct.

Hopefully someone comes along soon to tell us!

Strmchsr
09-19-2013, 03:56 PM
1 & 3, I believe are correct. #2, though, I think you have to physically show up and prove that you have arrived before you'll get a text that your room is ready. They won't just open your room without you presenting photo id and proving you are, indeed, on property.

As for #4 - if so let me know. It'll make my forecasts easier.

VWL Mom
09-19-2013, 03:59 PM
If your tickets are part of a package I would think you still need to check in first. Even though we do online check-in they still need to see photo ID before activating charging privileges. I don't think they'll give you your room number either until they are sure you are on property. The text option has aways been on online check-in but I've never received anything before physically checking in.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-21-2013, 09:01 PM
So nobody has first hand experience with the MagicBand and early arrival? I am particularly interested in the tickets since my plan is to drive straight to AK.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-21-2013, 09:07 PM
As for #4 - if so let me know. It'll make my forecasts easier.

Apparently this feature is in testing only for guests at Disney's Venetian Resort. :D

Maybe one day it will get out of Beta.