PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchair & Fireworks

SunnyLee
09-18-2013, 03:52 PM
I was wondering where would be the best place to watch the fireworks with a family member that is confined to a wheelchair (aka can't stand up to watch the firework show)?

OR I see people watching the fireworks in that little sitting area in front of The Plaza Restaurant ..how do you get a spot there??? :mickey::mickey:

Strmchsr
09-18-2013, 04:22 PM
There are designated wheelchair areas look for one of those. They fill up very quickly, so arrive early. The other option is the Wishes Dessert Party where you get a seat at the Tomorrowland Terrace. That costs and you have to have an ADR, but it's a lot of fun and you get a great view of the show.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Be sure to get a GAC card. My mom had foot surgery before our last trip and was on an ECV, we arrived early and parked her in the area designated for handicapped. I left and went to the gift shop when I returned I found my mother gone. Turns out a cast member threw her out said she needed a GAC. I left and got her the GAC but by that time our spots were gone and the cast member in Guest Relations said they don't normally ask for a GAC. I would get one anyway

Strmchsr
09-18-2013, 08:25 PM
BI left and got her the GAC but by that time our spots were gone and the cast member in Guest Relations said they don't normally ask for a GAC. I would get one anyway

That was out of line by the CM. The CM at guest relations is correct - they never ask for a GAC for someone in a wheelchair or ECV. I have taken my mom several times in an ECV, and my son twice when he injured his knee, and we've never gotten a GAC and been just fine.

Hammer
09-19-2013, 12:30 AM
That was out of line by the CM. The CM at guest relations is correct - they never ask for a GAC for someone in a wheelchair or ECV. I have taken my mom several times in an ECV, and my son twice when he injured his knee, and we've never gotten a GAC and been just fine.

I second what Chris said. We have never needed to get a GAC for my Mom and I don't think we will need one with the new DAS system either. That CM was wrong and out of line.