PDA

View Full Version : Florida thunderstorms

Lindslou
09-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Hey all,

I'm headed to the World on 9/23 and although I know the forecast isn't very reliable that far out I noticed that they are saying thunderstorms every day. Those who know Florida in the summer well (which I don't): are we talking about a quick thunderstorm then done or am I in for a wet trip?

Thanks for the help!

faline
09-18-2013, 01:30 PM
From spring through fall, the daily forecast is typically the same - thunderstorms. You might or might not get a storm. Some can be intense but are usually short-lived. Storms are usually dying down by mid to late September and are less frequent than in the summer.

AgentC
09-18-2013, 02:00 PM
It is really hard to say. Most of the time in FL the storms are relatively quick from 15 minutes to an hour and they tend to be very localized. Two weeks ago we had a storm every day right when my kids where getting out of school. It lasted about an 1 hour and didn't hit my house at all which is 10 minutes from the school.

In general the days that tend to rain all day are the ones with high percent chance of rain say 60% or above. When I look at your days , it says scattered t-storms which tend to be shorter storms. But in FL it can change at any moment. :)

Lindslou
09-18-2013, 02:35 PM
From spring through fall, the daily forecast is typically the same - thunderstorms. You might or might not get a storm. Some can be intense but are usually short-lived. Storms are usually dying down by mid to late September and are less frequent than in the summer.

That is encouraging, thanks!!