PDA

View Full Version : The Wave

Katzateer
09-17-2013, 07:54 AM
I am thinking of cancelling some ADR's and trying The Wave for breakfast and a dinner. Would probably cancel Cape May for dinner and GF Cafe for breakfast. Good trades?? From reviews I have seen The Wave sounds really good.

faline
09-17-2013, 08:10 AM
I've had dinner at this location (never breakfast) on three different occasions with mixed results. The first time we dined here, it was relatively new. We didn't have a reservation one evening and we were looking for a last minute table service without much success. Actually, we couldn't get into The Wave either but we were able to order off the regular menu at the bar. On that occasion, the dinner was so good that I made plans to dine here again on the next trip - this time with a reservation.

That second dining experience was to celebrate our anniversary. After such an excellent food experience, the first time, I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the food/food preparation on our second trip. It was good - it just wasn't fantastic.

The last time we dined at this location was close to two years ago. On that occasion, we had an early dinner with my brother and his family before we all walked over to attend Mickey Very Merry Party. We all enjoyed our meal on this occasion - perhaps because I had toned down my expectations a bit??!

Itchy
09-17-2013, 09:04 AM
We will be eating there again in Dec. It has become an every trip meal for us for dinner. We have never had breakfast there though.

I think it is one of Disney's hidden gems.

BuddyL4
09-17-2013, 01:10 PM
We went to the wave for dinner twice on our last trip a few weeks ago. I thought it was great.:thumbsup: On our first visit we received complementary champagne for our 25 yr wedding anniversary. The next visit my 2 yo grandson got to be farmer for the day. He picked out several fruits and the chef made a desert for us out of it. :mickey:

DonaldDuckUSA
09-17-2013, 02:28 PM
DBF had a work convention at Contemp. a few years back and I tagged along. We ate almost every dinner at the Wave and it was enjoyable every time. We didn't do breakfast, but we loved dinner. I

twinboyz
09-17-2013, 02:29 PM
We had breakfast at the WAVE. It was really good, but expensive. You can find some great tasting options on the menu. We both tried something different and were pleasantly surprised on how good everything was. Good Luck!!:thumbsup:

Arielfan98
09-17-2013, 09:37 PM
The first time I dined at the wave it was really good I ordered a seafood pasta. The last time I went in mid-August however, I went with my family and my boyfriend's family. Both my mom and my boyfriend's mother ordered the lamb and theirs was cooked rare. They sent it back because it was really red. Managers came out and apologized and they offered new chops. I'm not too impressed by The Wave's decor but I think the entrance is cool and I heard the bar is good.

kakn7294
09-18-2013, 11:11 AM
I thought that it was just ok. The menu didn't really appeal to me that much and I think the décor is dark (although some may not mind that). What I did get to eat was good but I ended up ordering 2 appetizers to serve as my meal.

Katzateer
09-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Really mixed reviews here. I may just wait and see if we have a free evening to go for dinner. Thanks!:thumbsup::mickey: