PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp

mdhiggin
09-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Does anyone have any tips for this event? We've never been. Also, do we need to bring a bag for candy or is that provided?

SAH
09-16-2013, 10:28 PM
We went back in 2011 me and the wife. What a great time and atmosphere...Get to the park at I believe 4 or 5pm, they will let you in..Make sure you get to see the parade. We sat In frontier land... When we went they did provide little Halloween bags....Have a wonderful time...
scotty

Pop Centurion
09-16-2013, 10:32 PM
They will provide a bag.
Even though the party starts at 7pm you will be allowed to enter the park as early as 4pm.
Don't waste precious party time on things you can do during normal park hours.
The 2nd parade is less crowded so it's easier to get a better view.
Don't miss the headless horsemen before the parade.
The line for the 7 Dwarfs gets outragiously long so it's best to get in the line 30-45 mins before the party starts.
Find an online map of the party to familiarize yourself & plan out your visit.
Breaking rule #3, it actually is worth going on the Haunted Mansion and getting a picture at the horseless carriage.
The fireworks are fired from a much wider are compared to Wishes so don't get to close to the castle. I prefer next to Casey's for the best view.

faline
09-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Dress in costume - it adds so much to the atmosphere and it's fun to do!!

mdhiggin
09-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the tips. We are going to the party tonight!

cer
09-20-2013, 12:42 PM
I recommend that you sit close to where the parade steps off (Frontier Land). If you sit near the hub or main street, you experience a BIG delay between the headless horseman and the arrival of the rest of the parade.

Lindsey310
09-20-2013, 01:20 PM
They will provide a bag.
Even though the party starts at 7pm you will be allowed to enter the park as early as 4pm.
Don't waste precious party time on things you can do during normal park hours.
The 2nd parade is less crowded so it's easier to get a better view.
Don't miss the headless horsemen before the parade.
The line for the 7 Dwarfs gets outragiously long so it's best to get in the line 30-45 mins before the party starts.
Find an online map of the party to familiarize yourself & plan out your visit.
Breaking rule #3, it actually is worth going on the Haunted Mansion and getting a picture at the horseless carriage.
The fireworks are fired from a much wider are compared to Wishes so don't get to close to the castle. I prefer next to Casey's for the best view.

Great tip on watching the fireworks next to Casey's. I'm def going to use these for our trip next month, thanks!

29 days!!!! :mpumpkin:

Lindsey310
09-20-2013, 01:21 PM
I recommend that you sit close to where the parade steps off (Frontier Land). If you sit near the hub or main street, you experience a BIG delay between the headless horseman and the arrival of the rest of the parade.

Where did you sit?? Over near pecos bill? Thanks for the tip!

29 days!!!!