PDA

View Full Version : AoA tell me about it please!!!

Bubbie Girl
09-16-2013, 06:18 PM
We just booked a June stay at the AoA and have never stayed or know anyone who has. We requested a Nemo suite. I would appreciate anything you can tell me about this resort...the good and the bad. I have a 5 and 2 year old.

AgentC
09-16-2013, 06:46 PM
We stayed in a Nemo suite in April. I had my 7 year old and 5 year old with me as well as my mom and husband.

I really liked the location of the Nemo rooms. They are convenient to the main pool, the buses and the main building which houses the food court, arcade and store.

Pluses

-My kids loved the main pool. It has a splash area and play ground that is great for younger kids. My 7 year old really like the music that plays underwater
-The rooms are very spacious. I like having two bathrooms. The master bathroom has a hug walk in shower. Having the microwave is nice.
-Kids thought the murphy bed was great.
-Good arcade
-Large food court with decent variety
-Kids loved the bright colors and all the animation drawings
-Good bus service

Minuses
-The adults were not as happy with all the bright colors as the kids were. The rooms is very bright and was not restful to me
-Food court is huge and busy at peak times. Several stations close 1-2 hours before the food court closes.
-The dining table is the Muprhy bed. When the bed was down , I had trouble finding a place to put the chairs where they were not in the way.

Overall we enjoyed the resort and I would stay there again even though my preference is mods/deluxes. It is a fun resort that is excellent for kids.

If there is anything specific you want to know that I didn't answer, let me know.

clarkee
09-16-2013, 06:54 PM
We stayed there last summer. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Positive:
The Nemo Suite is very conveniently located
The buses were better in frequency and crowds than other Values I remember
The gift shop is bright and well stocked
The staff was very friendly
The music underwater at the pool is cool
The noise level was not bad considering the proximity to the pool and kid theme
Everything is new and clean
Room seemed spacious
Lobby is bright
Art work is fascinating

Negatives:
Wifi was very spotty
The food court food was not very impressive (personal impression) and they need more kid friendly options

disneynarula
09-20-2013, 10:12 AM
We stayed in a Cars suite last October.

Pros
lots of room for a family of four
cute theming (my three kids 3, 6,9 loved it)
awesome Pool for kids
inside hallways meant less noise and foot traffic
food court food was better than most
nice fridge and microwave
paper bowls and cups were in the suite
it's new so everything was clean and fresh
two bathrooms were nice

Cons
uncomfortable beds
scratchy sheets and towels
nowhere to put suitcases if you have a lot
not big enough for six people (in our case)
food court ordering was not easy
pool was super crowded during the day
bus transporation was not great, IMHO

Katzateer
09-20-2013, 01:48 PM
The ages of your kids- the AOA should be perfect. Allow time to check out the entire resort and all 3 pools. The theming soooo fun! If you get a chance, have them watch Nemo, lion king, cars, Little Mermaid, so they will be able to pick out all the special theming in each section. And if you have the time, they might enjoy walking around POP Century also.

If this resort had been available with the fun main pool when my kids were that age- we probably could have stayed at the resort most of the time and they would have enjoyed themselves.

Have a great time:thumbsup::mickey:

TheVBs
09-21-2013, 07:37 AM
We stayed in one of the Little Mermaid rooms last year and we loved it! We're thinking about trying one of the suites next year. I didn't realize there was only one regular bed. So the only other sleeping accommodations are the sofa bed or the murphy bed? You'd think they'd do bunk beds or something fun for kids.

AgentC
09-21-2013, 07:58 AM
I didn't realize there was only one regular bed. So the only other sleeping accommodations are the sofa bed or the murphy bed? You'd think they'd do bunk beds or something fun for kids.

Yes, that is correct. The only regular bed is in the master bedroom. My kids really liked the Murphy bed but they have never seen on before and also think the day beds in the deluxes are cool so they may not be typical. :)

BrerGnat
09-21-2013, 09:20 AM
I would recommend NOT getting a room facing the pool area. There are super bright floodlights at night and the area can be very loud in the afternoons if your kids need to nap. Sound insulation is non existent here.

TheVBs
09-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Yes, that is correct. The only regular bed is in the master bedroom. My kids really liked the Murphy bed but they have never seen on before and also think the day beds in the deluxes are cool so they may not be typical. :)

Thanks for the info! Ours would probably be fine with it too. It would just be more convenient to have another regular bed. Plus, if we want to stay up later than the girls, it sounds like we won't have a "living room" space to do that in, because that's where their bed would be.

AgentC
09-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the info! Ours would probably be fine with it too. It would just be more convenient to have another regular bed. Plus, if we want to stay up later than the girls, it sounds like we won't have a "living room" space to do that in, because that's where their bed would be.

Yes, I agree. We had to turn the tv off in the living area because my kids won't go to sleep if it is still on.

ISLE39
09-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Im here now and i love it